Chapter 15

FreyaGrey: Nero's wife

6,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you
And you'll never treat yourself right darling, but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh

A tear falls from my eye as I look at my husband who is serenading me in our bathroom. I woke up with a heavy heart this morning as I reflected on my life and everything that is going on. Ageing is something that I never feared but the idea of time going by so fast is what gets to me.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
'Cause it's you, oh, it's you
It's you, they add up to
And I'm in love with you
And all these little things

Society seems to be hellbent on reminding that I'm nearing forty and I may have finally let the comments get to my head. I am grateful to have an attentive husband who was able to realise that something was wrong. 

I came into the bathroom to have a little bit of a cry and he followed me in here. We spoke for several minutes while I cried before he decided to sing a song that played at our wedding.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you
It's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all your little things

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouthBut if it's true, it's youIt's you, they add up toI'm in love with youAnd all your little things

Nero cups my face with both hands as he looks into my eyes, "You are perfect. The way you mother our children, the way you love me and your family is something that never fails to amaze me. I have loved you since we were teenagers and I don't plan on ever living a life without you at my side."

"Don't you want to experiment with other women?" I ask since we have never been the type to swing but I have often wondered if Nero had interests in other women. "We were so young when all of this began and the idea of dating around was somewhat robbed from us. You are the only man that I've ever been with."

"And you are the only woman that I have been with." Nero lightly caresses my face. "I am content with that. Things were different when we were young but growing up with you made me realise that there can never be another. Fame doesn't change anything when I already have the one that I want."