Chapter 8

FreyaGrey: Rehearsals 

1,2000,000 likes ~ 7,000 comments

---

Now that our Gen is making moves to become a singer, I have decided to invite her to my show tonight to perform a song that she has been working on. We have been rehearsing for the past hour because I believe that everybody should rehearse before a show, it's very important and gives you a peak into how your performance is going to go.

You could be here, but you're there
You could be anywhere and these days I don't even care no more
You only be showing me love whenever you've had too much
Whatever's been filling your cup, no more

I narrow my eyes as I watch my daughter's movements on stage.

Baby, no more showing up when you're not sober
At my front door just to say you're alone tonight
Yeah, tryna fuck me and my mind up
It's a reminder you're a liar and you know I'm right

I pull a face at the lack of energy that she is exuding from her performance. Genevieve has proven to be much like her father when it comes down to performing because they like to keep it minimal but I am the complete opposite.

You say you can't live without meSo why aren't you dead yet?Why you still breathing? (why, why?)And if you say you can't live without meThen why aren't you dead yet?Why do you say that?

So why aren't you dead yet?
Why you still breathing? (why, why?)
And if you say you can't live without me
Then why aren't you dead yet?
Why do you say that?

I hold my hand up and the band stops playing which makes Genevieve look at me in surprise.

"When you perform at your father's show then you can do what you're doing now." I tell her and she looks at me in confusion. "You've been to many of my shows and you know that they are vibrant so I need you to give me more. Remember that there is going to be two thousand people screaming so you need to make your presence known and your voice heard."

Gen nods her head, "Ok."

"The stage is yours when you are on it so own it." I smile at her. "You have the whole stage to walk around on and interact with some of the audience members if you feel comfortable with it."