ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"But I thought," Derek started only to be interrupted by a loud snore coming from Lorenzo who had slept on the living room sofa.

Eleanor chuckled at her beta and looked at her phone, "shit I have to go pick up Liam for school," she exclaimed, finishing off her drink and rushing out to her car, leaving Derek alone to question why she had yellow eyes and only remembers having yellow eyes when he could have sworn they were blue.

James walked into the kitchen then, about to pour himself a bowl of lucky charms when he caught glimpse of Derek's confused look, "you good?" he asked the alpha.

"Did Elle ever tell you the real color of her eyes?" Derek asked the beta.

"Beautiful baby blue like her soulmates," Veronica answered for her boyfriend, sauntering into the kitchen after having messed with Lorenzo's sleeping figure, "why?"

"She just told me about soulmate eyes and why they're different," he said, confusing the two betas.

"Okay? And?" James asked, feeling out of the loop.

"I've known Elle since I was five and her eyes have always been blue, but she just showed me her yellow eyes and only remembers having yellow eyes," Derek told them.

Veronica looked stumped at that, a contrast to her boyfriend who only shrugged and continued to make his breakfast, "I don't know man, I've always just seen the red," James shrugged and shoved a bite of the sugar cereal into his mouth, "kinda weird though."

"Yeah."

• ☽☾ •

Eleanor had dropped Liam off at school, telling him she would pick him up after lacrosse then she took off to the High School. Coach had asked if she could cover his classes again, she said sure after he told her they were taking a quiz and all she would have to do is pass them out.

The woman strolled into the classroom right as the bell rang, smiling at her two idiots before picking up the thick stack of test packets, "Coach is gone so I'm in charge," she announced, "if you don't know me too bad, now pencils out, you have a test," she told the class making everyone groan, "oh suck it up, it's not the end of the world."

Eleanor passed out the tests and slumped back in the slightly over stuffed leather office chair, spinning around, bored out of her mind, before pulling her phone out and texting into the pack group chat to entertain herself.

The bell rang an hour later and everyone turned in their tests, Scott stopping and waiting for everyone to clear out. He closed and locked the door, Eleanor raising a curious brow at him, "what's up?"

"Did you turn someone?" he asked accusingly. Eleanor furrowed her brows, silently asking him to explain, "this morning at practice, there was another, I could smell him."

"I haven't turned anyone," Eleanor denied, "who was it? Do you know?"

"Isaac," Scott sighed and told her, "it was Derek then," he deducted.

Eleanor nodded, "I'll talk to him after school," she said, Scott nodding as he left the room to go to his next class.

The alpha got ready for the upcoming wave of students when her phone rang. Walking into Coach's office to answer the call, "Eleanor Dunbar."