Black Dahlia ~ Vill-V x Reader

Start from the beginning

It's been a long time since you saw your partner. She hasn't changed one bit. The thought reminded your heart of the pain the girl committed to you. Seeing her again, made your heart ache. You refuse to let it show.

"I didn't kidnap you. I simply borrowed you." Vill-V corrects. "There's a difference."

You huffed. "Same thing."

Your coldness causes the con artist's smile to falter. It was like yesterday the two of you had looked so enamored with each other.

It's hard to believe the two of you ended up on opposite sides.

...

You and Vill-V go a long way back. It all started when you received intel about this so-called genius around the block. You were looking for someone to do business with and one of your connections happens to have someone to hook you up with.

"A magician?" You repeated your friend's intel. Your frown deepens and already you were packing up. "You're kidding."

"Nope." The friend accentuated the 'p' in an effort to sound humorous. They only came off as annoying. "I assure you this magician is the real deal. Why don't you take a trip down to a magic show at Dusk Street? You won't regret it."

This was their way of telling you where to find this so-called magician.

"I better not or your head is mine."

They simply laugh, knowing full well your words were empty promises.

And there you were standing in front of what seemed to be a magic show located at Dusk Street—the so-called genius residence. At first, you were skeptical. The most wanted criminal worked in a place like this, but your friend knew better than to sell you false information. Sighing, you entered the building, unaware of the blossoming relationship you would build with the person inside this fine establishment. The whole relationship started at that place and ended in that place.

"Hello." You greeted the blonde-haired girl you found upon entering the building. And right off the bat, you laid it out. "I'm looking for someone called Vill-V. She's a magician."

"I'm afraid she's out."

"Of course. Just my luck." You sighed and took out your business card for the girl to take. "Inform her that I'm interested in making a deal with her. She can reach me with the provided number."

It never occurred to you that that girl was the one you were looking for. You get a phone call later that night. The two of you chat, and made plans, and when the two of you decided to meet in person, you wonder why you didn't just walk up and leave because the person you gave your card to who you thought was just an ordinary worker was actually the person you were looking for.

"You lied to me."

"I didn't lie. I just never told you. Think of this as just being on the safe side. Nice to meet you, (Y/N) (L/N). I am Vill-V, but you figured that out."

"Indeed. Should I be concerned that you took your time in agreeing to meet with me?"

"It's only been a day. But to answer your question, I was simply making sure it was the right choice to meet with you."

"And?"

"I was right in choosing to meet with you. This partnership will be one I won't regret."

"The feelings mutual." For now, you thought.

Who would've thought the two of you would work well together? The two of you began committing crimes together. A series of frauds to say the least. As an arms dealer, you sell weapons in the criminal underworld. You supplied her with the items she needed for her inventions while she repay you with intel in return—an equivalent exchange. As time passed, your partnership became something more.