Broken Promises and A Shattered Blade - Kiana Kaslana x Reader

Start bij het begin

~•~

A hooded soldier sneaks into a dark room, its only light source being the fool moon. The soldier kneels down, his body directed to a throne facing a window. The light of the moon shining onto the chair.

"Mistress, we have news to report..." he says with a strained voice.

"Speak." The woman on the chair states.

The soldier shivers at the woman's voice. "The news I bring is not pleasant, Mistress. It is in regards to the most recent Honkai attack that had awakened a Herrscher..."

A crunch can be heard as a chunk of the thrown falls to the ground, breaking the silence. The woman's fist can be seen with pieces of rock breaking to ash.

"I care little for the nature of the report, soldier. ELABORATE..." the Mistress furiously asked.

The soldier quivered "The Herrscher of the Void has not been eliminated, and we have confirmation that she is indeed still alive..." 

She grunts. 

"Where. Is. She."

The soldier shivers again, but this time, he continues to shiver under the gaze of the woman as she stands tall. Her figure looming over the poor soldier as glowing violet eyes were staring deep into his soul. As if any second, she would snap his neck like a twig if he so much as looked at her wrong.

It sucked the air out of the room.

The soldier stutters. "Her name is Kiana Kaslana, she was one of the students at St. Freya. A-And our sources claim that she's currently...

... in Arc City as we speak..." 

She grunts again. Anger evident in her voice

"Find her, bring her to me. I will kill her myself."

The soldier looks up in concern, and questions her. "Shall we inform the Sire?"

The woman walks down the stairs to her throne and walks to the side of the Soldier. She gently places a hand on the soldier's shoulder, causing him to look down and shiver once more.

"Kevin need not know of this Herrscher. She will be the least of his concerns by the time I am through with her."

~•~

"Run, just keep running. Don't look back. I can't die now, not while I still have a promise to keep to Ms. Himeko!"

Those were the thoughts of Kiana, the run-away Valkyrie. The Herrscher of the Void. As she ran through the neon-lit streets of Arc City. Every step she took echoing on the water as rain dropped onto her body.

Every crack of thunder deafening her ears as she continued to run.

"Don't stop, don't stop, don't sto—"

A sharp pain interrupted her thoughts. She grabs her left arm, holding it tight as she continues running. The pain seemed to sharpen as she put more pressure.

Kiana winces, looking at her arm. She looks back to see that there were still figures chasing after her. They seemed like shadows, moving across the roofs of buildings. They did not stop chasing after her.

Kiana continued to run, trying her best to lose them on the streets. Quickly turning every corner she found. Desperately trying to lose her assailants.

But it was no use.

Seeing a dead end in the distance, Kiana used a small amount of the Herrscher's power. She opens a portal and teleports to the top of a nearby building. She lands, now having a small window to check on her arm.