Valdez gave out a hearty laugh and agreed.

Since seeing Vrylle, Valdez felt like his motivation ignited again, rearing. It must be because of different reasons, especially guilt, but what most standing out was his responsibility to protect the little girl, who he almost killed.

As someone who will be a father soon, Valdez can't stomach the idea of him killing such a little thing. And even it wasn't him who would kill the little girl, being an accomplice was no different.

It's nauseating.

"Little Miss, I will make sure to get you out of here alive. Please, believe in me."

The sudden announcement of Valdez, laced with nothing but pure determination, stopped Rusty and Alex's 'playtime', turning their heads and looking at Valdez with complicated emotions in their eyes. Vrylle, on the other hand, just calmly countering the determined eyes of Valdez.

[Another mission initiated.]

[Make the two Mercenaries' survival a certain thing, and led them out the Hunting Ground.]

[Mission failure is in exchange of Rusty's life.]

Vrylle retracted her eyes from Valdez's penetrating one to hide the sudden panic and madness after hearing that failing the mission means Rusty's death.

Missions gave by Phantom were so few Vrylle could count them in two hands. That to say, with those previous missions, she never encounters any form of punishment for a failed mission. Now, however, was different, also, was so sudden it caught her off guard.

Especially now, hearing any word equates to death was enough to set off fire within her. Merida's death was not long ago. Not even twenty-four hours have passed since. Merida's tragic death that's happened right in front of her eyes, caused by saving her, was still raw and vivid. Even just by closing her eyes for only few minutes was enough to give her an overview, exhausting her psychologically.

The psychological shadow was heavy enough, and now Phantom prompts her that another life was on the line? And it was in her hand to determine the life and death of that person?

'...Don't fucking joke with me.'

Trying her might to calm herself, Vrylle just hum a response with bowing head. Along with that seemingly tranquil and pure trust Vrylle responded, sadly a misunderstanding, Rusty and Alex completely stopped what they were doing and sat back down, minding their own business.

To the three men, what Vrylle just did, averting her eyes, bowing her head before answering into a hum, was acting shy. It was cute and pitiable at the same time.

"Hey, Mage. Start packing up."

"Shut your trap, Knight! Don't you see I'm already preparing?!"

"Heh!"

The party of four people stayed inside the cave until noon. They passed time eating and recuperating their mind and body. Their external injuries were healed by Alex, but the not-so-serious internal injuries that a quasi-Healer was unable to completely heal, same goes for the potions, were hopelessly left aside, letting time heals it.

When the time was right, they left the cave and vigilantly travels toward the Transfer Point. As they were threading their way, they inevitably encounter enemies, not just monsters, but also fellow Mercenaries of Valdez and Alex.

When a battle started, those Mercenaries accused the two of betrayal. They spouted curses and warned that another group of Mercenaries who answered their Distress Call was finally here, assisting them. That was why when Vrylle's group were soon spotted, they were done for.