SIX

i can see you

i can see you

"SIR, IT'S NOT THAT I'M NOT GLAD TO BE COMING WITH YOU– BECAUSE I AM– I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WHY."

Garcia looked at Hotch, her hands clenched around the case file and the laptop in her lap where she sat across from him in the jet. The entire team was surrounding her, scattered throughout the jet she rarely occupied in any other capacity besides virtual. She liked the comfort of her office, she liked that she knew she'd have everything she'd need to help them solve cases. Going out into the field wasn't her forte– it left too much room for error, and if Garcia somehow didn't have access to something that could solve a case, save a few lives, she'd never forgive herself.

"One aspect of an equivocal death investigation when suicide is a probability is an indirect personality assessment. Our victims are all internet generation kids. There should be invaluable personal data on their computers to mine for the evaluation."

Derek's voice has her looking to him quickly, eyes raising to where he's sitting perched on an arm of a seat instead of actually sitting in it. "If they committed suicide, evidence of it will probably be in their cyber world."

Garcia barely stifles her grimace as their drawn-out explanation translates properly in her head. "So, I'm gonna snoop through dead kids' computers?"

Rossi shakes his head from his spot behind her. "This plane seldom makes pleasure trips."

Garcia looks back towards Hotch, drifting to where Jane sat beside him at the window with Spencer across from her, attention on the clouds they flew through.

"We've all been over the files," Hotch says, looking at JJ for a lingering moment before scanning the rest of the team. "Let's talk about victimology."

"Okay," Rossi starts with a short sigh. "All four kids were decent students from different neighboring towns, but the same school and the same county."

"Active in sports and community," Morgan notes, dark brows furrowed as he looked through the files once again.

"Intact families, no mental disorders, no precipitating events."

Morgan shakes his head. "These are just average good kids, there has to be some underlying issue."

"Besides relative proximity, there's no obvious connection between any of them,"

Jane nods in agreement with Spencer's words, glancing at Hotch. "It eliminates the possibility of a suicide pact. Even though all of them died the same way, the ligature marks on their necks are different patterns which means there were different fabrics and tools used to hang themselves. If these teenagers were cunning enough to create a suicide pact, they'd almost certainly all use the same exact thing to do it. Not to mention, there would've been behavioral changes over the course of weeks, maybe months, that any attentive parent would've noticed."