"Right," Lissa said as she wiped her mouth with her napkin and folded it, setting it on the table. As if a bell had been run, our waitress appeared beside us and collected our plates and came back a few moments later with a bill. I thanked Lissa quietly when she insisted on covering the whole bill.

"Please, I like to treat my best friend every once in a while. Besides, last night seemed to be a heavy one for you."

I cocked my head the slightest bit at her and she blushed.

"I overheard part of your conversation last night," Lissa admitted.

I sagged back in my chair. "What?"

"I was hoping that you would tell me yourself, but you know me and secrets, I rarely keep them when it involves someone important," Lissa said quietly as she leaned towards me, "Are you happy about this? Is this why you've been so tired?"

I gave her a tired smile and reached for her hand across the table.

"Thank you for being honest with me about knowing," I said, "And I am as happy as I can be about it. I am still processing everything, but I'm starting to get excited about the experience."

Lissa grinned at me. "If you are happy about it, then I am happy for you! Other than being tired, are you okay?"

I shrugged. "I've been moody and pukey," I chuckled and Lissa looked at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "It's fine. But um, Dimitri is very excited when he isn't internally freaking out."

Lissa smiled. "He's going to make a really good Dad. And you, are going to make a kick ass Mom. That kid is going to be a hell of a mix."

I chuckled and stood up with her, tucking in my chair. Lissa smiled at me and wrapped her arm around mine, casting a glare across the room as we walked out.

________________________

I shifted uncomfortably on the table, the paper crinkling underneath me.

"Your blood pressure is really high, are you feeling okay?" Dr. Olendzki asked.

"Just a little on edge," I admitted, looking over at Alberta with a meek smile. Alberta gave me a soft look and pulled her phone out and typed on it.

"Why don't we wait a minute and wait for Rose to calm down again, then you can get an accurate reading?" Alberta suggested. Dr. Olendzki took the blood pressure cuff off and instead did my weight measurements and temperature.

There was a knock on the door and Alberta opened it. Dimitri poked his head in and spotted me quickly.

"I got a message from Alberta?"

"I figured Rose could use someone to help her feel less on edge while we conduct her appointment," Alberta said with a small smile, canting her head towards me.

I was silently grateful for Alberta. I didn't want to tip anyone off by outright asking for him to be there, but it made me feel better just seeing him. I smiled at him and he closed the door behind him before coming to stand beside me, his hand resting on my shoulder.

Dr. Olendzki waited a few more moments before putting the cuff back on me and taking my blood pressure again. She mused to herself that it was much better now and then typed the information on my file.

"I know that you're measuring around four weeks now, but I want to do an ultrasound to check something," Dr. Olendzki said and moved the partition screen.

I nodded and took the gown she offered me while she moved some things around. I put the gown on and came back on, climbing onto the bed again and placing the blanket over my lap.