𝑋𝐼

Dearest Reader,

It has been noticed by this Author that the London Ton has been rather quiet since the diamond of the season, Miss Marie Hackley, and the entire Bridgerton clan traveled to Hackley Manor in Somerset. One is not certain what is to occur at the country home however it would he surprising if a propose did not occur.

Lady Whistledown Society Papers, 22nd June 1815

꧁𑁍꧂

Benedict Bridgerton lay in the grand four poster bed he had been allowed to sleep during his stay. But he could feel his large hands gripping onto bare hips. When he looked up, he saw the shape of a woman with her dark hair covering her face, breathing his name heavily.

As his hands traveled up the mysterious woman's hot skin, he moved her hair behind her ear to see Esther's face.

꧁𑁍꧂

Benedict's eyes opened wide as he woke up in the grand bedchambers which he stayed in. He rubbed the sleep from his face as he sat up, the cool morning air hitting his bare chest.

The Bridgerton family had been invited to stay at Hackley manor for a week and there was only 2 days left until they returned to London.

He was confused, utterly confused. He had no clue what do with himself or his emotions. Hell, he was lusting for the sister of the woman he planned to marry. But worse, he was sure she did not feel the same way.

But he knew one thing: he must avoid Esther completely.

If his older brother was unable to have a son, the viscounty falls upon him and his sons. He needed to marry a suitable lady- one that would make an acceptable wife and mother.

It was not that he thought Esther would be horrible at such things, but she made him feel many emotions at once. Rage, regret, confusion, happiness, lust.

But Marie was safe, secure.

Benedict shook his heady to mess up his dark chestnut locks as he swung his legs off the bed and got up.

He was certainly confused, but one thing he was certain about was that he was starving. Quickly, he buttoned up his linen shirt, pulled up his trousers and did up his navy blue vest.

After brushing down his clothes and doing up his cuffs, he made his travels down the strenuous hallways of the manor. Around halfway through his journey to the breakfast room, he bumped into Eloise.

"Good morning, dear brother." His sister greeted with a grin but he did not reply, his mind was too busy. "Hello, Benedict. Are you there?" She sang as she waved her hands in her brother's face.

He suddenly shook his head and forced a smile as he greeted her with, "Good morning." Eloise stood in the middle of the hallway, crossed arms as she laughed. "What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I am perfectly fine." He insisted, Eloise scoffing at his obvious lie. His dark eyes looked up once he heard footsteps travelling down the staircase in front of the pair.

Esther held onto the railing with her gloved hand. Her golden dress, which was trimmed with a red ribbon and embroidered with white lilies, trailed along behind her.

Benedict felt his jaw clench tightly and his stomach began to churn within him. "I-I must go." And with that, he hurried away in the opposite direction.

Eloise with furrowed brows of confusion called out her brother's name. "Benedict! Benedict!"

Esther stopped at the step she was about to descend down, her face frozen still as she watched him scatter away. He just walked away from her.