Chapter 17: The Mane Event

Start from the beginning

Spike: "Of course she will." He jumped in. "Twilight Sparkle's never met a problem she couldn't solve. Right Twilight?"

Twilight Sparkle: "Right." She said but not so confidently.

Rainbow Dash: "Then let's go win us a Battle of the Bands!" She said as you all left while Twilight has a nervous look on her face.

In the school gym, the Battle of the Bands is close to beginning as the competitors sat on the belchers as Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were on stage.

Principal Celestia: "Welcome to the first ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands! I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school." She said which made all the competitors cheer. "We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting." She said as she referred to the Dazzlings who are sitting on the top row of the belchers.

Vice Principal Luna: "But as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner. Who is it going?" She said which soon made the competitors argued with each other.

This allowed the Dazzlings to absorb the negativity the competitors were creating which made the Dazzlings grin.

Adagio Dazzle: "You feel that girls? Our true power is being restored." She said which made Aria and Sonata giggle.

You and the Rainbooms enter the gym which gained the Dazzlings' attention.

Adagio Dazzle: "And that's before we've tapped into the strongest magic here." She said as she referred to the Rainbooms.

Aria Blaze: "But the Rainblossoms or whatever they're called aren't under our spell along with that F/N guy. How exactly are we suppose to get their magic?"

Adagio Dazzle: "The Rainbooms are just as capable of falling apart as anyone else. They just need a little...push in the wrong direction. I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove." She said as she along with Aria and Sonata grin sinisterly at you and the Rainbooms.

The Battle of the Band begun with Snips and Snails performing a hip-hop duet which just confused everyone or bored them or they were not impressed, the only ones that seem to get into Snips and Snails hip-hop song is Pinkie and Sonata while Adagio and Aria just shake their heads in amusement.

Snips and Snails end their rap with a mic drop which lead to a few seconds of silence.

Principal Celestia: "Please do not drop the microphones." Is all she said in an unamused tone as the Snips and Snails hi-five and walk off stage.

Snips: "In your face Rainbooms!" He said as he and Snails passed by.

F/N: "That was...something." You said.

Applejack: "Least we know one group who won't stand in the way of us gettin' to the finals." She said smugly.

Rainbow Dash: "Let's get ready to rock." She got excited.

Pinkie Pie: "Wait, where's Rarity?" She pointed out in which you noticed Rarity wasn't around.

F/N: "Yeah where is she?"

Rarity: "Here I am." She said as she appeared wearing a hippie-inspired outfit with metal fringes.

You and the others stare at Rarity.

Rarity: "We will be performing in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous? Hmph." She said which made Applejack facepalm.

F/N: "Let's just play."

Shortly you and the Rainbooms were on stage, getting ready to play as the other competitors waited.

Twilight Sparkle: "We have to be good enough to make it through but not so good we let the sirens see the magic within us." She tells the Rainbooms.