36. Butterfly Fly Away

''Get up.... Aegon!" Alicent shouted. ''Get up!''

'' Mother? What is it?'' Aegon hissed rolling over still hung over his head in the pillow his ass hanging out.

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" Alicent shouted. "That's all you can say for yourself?'' Alicent hissed.

''Has something happened?' aegon said turning around pulling the sheet with him

''Dyana.''

''Mm?'' aegon said confused.

''The serving girl.'' Alicent hissed aegon still didn't understand. ''Oh, for the gods' sake. The girl, Aegon. The one you sent fleeing from your company.'' Aegon got up stretching out his arms.

''Oh, it was just harmless fun. She didn't need to go and get upset about it.' Aegon remarked nonchalantly.

''Think of the shame on your wife, on me. How can you keep carrying on like this, especially on a day like today?'' Alicent countered

''Why? What is it today?'' Aegon asked pulling on his pants.

''You are no son of mine." Alicent hissed marching around the room

''I did not ask for this. I've done everything you've asked me to, and I try so... I try so hard, but it will never be enough for you or father.'' Aegon called after her as Alicent stormed out. "YOU DID THIS!" He called after her "I wanted one thing in this world and you took her from me!"

"She was never yours." Alicent hissed.

"I blame you." Aegon told her. "You don't have any friends and you wanted me to be as miserable as you!" Alicent sneered back at him.

''Have you seen Dyana? She's supposed to dress the children.'' Helaena asked coming into Aegon's chambers. Alicent didn't answer. She just hugged her daughter.

+

''He looks like a different person. I believe we should also consult Maester Gerardys. Perhaps if he could see the King, he'd suggest a different..."Rhaenyra began but the door opened and Alicent approached.

'Princess Rhaenyra. And Prince Daemon.'' Alicent remarked.

''Hm.' Daemon chuckled

''It has been so long since we were granted the joy of your presence.'' Alicent remarked.

''Indeed, Your Grace.'' Rhaenyra agreed

''Though not long enough to merit a greeting upon our arrival.'' Daemon added smugly

''I'm sure the Queen had pressing business, my love. What can either of us know of ruling a kingdom?'' Rhaenyra offered kindly.

''I do not rule, as you well know.'' Alicent told them ''My father and I are mere stewards of the King's will and wisdom.''

''And how exactly is that wisdom expressed... hm? In blinks and wheezes? I'd be surprised if he could remember his own name. Or if you could.'' Daemon remarked snidely.

''King Viserys's condition has worsened since you saw him last.'' Alicent informed them

''Hah.'' Daemon spat

''It subjects him to considerable pain.'' Alicent went on ''On the advice of the maesters...''

''Ah, the maesters. Of course. It is they who keep him... addled on milk of the poppy while the High towers warm his throne.'' Rhaenyra added stiffly and Alicent let out a hot breath

''Rhaenyra, if you would see him without it, almost blind with suffering.'' Alicent informed them

''Oh, Alicent, I have no doubt it was... an act of the purest mercy, but tell me, for the King's suffering, did the maesters also prescribe the removal of Targaryen heraldry and the installation in its stead of various statues and stars?'' Daemon agreed