Apparently, there was an urgent meeting being held, I had no idea why, but I headed on over to the communal area and I had spotted Diego, so I decided to go over and use this time to be with him.

"Hey." he looks down at me and smiles sweetly.

"Hey, you, ok?" 

"I'm fine, just missed your company." he chuckles before properly nuzzling me, the first proper hug we've had in a while.

"Me too." we both stay this way before we hear Ellie's voice.

"Thanks everyone, this is an urgent matter." everyone looks around at one another before she continues.

"From this point on the people stood up here will be the people you go to if and when you need any help." Manny's voice can then be heard.

"You must not go to Diego or Y/n, they deserve a break and a long one at that." I look to Diego with shock, and he looks at me the exact same way.

"Is that understood?" we hear a chorus of agreements from all the animals before they then disperse back to their previous activities. Me and Diego then walk up to our entire family.

"Why have you done that?" I ask Ellie.

"You two have been helping and working like mad, we can all see how little time you get to spend with one another and it's not entirely fair on you that everyone constantly wants your guys' help." Ellie was borderline using her stern voice on me, so I knew she was serious.

"You guys didn't have to do that." Diego calls from beside me.

"Well, we have, so go. Enjoy one another's company." Me and Diego look at each other with a smile.

"Thank you, guys." man I love my family, they always know exactly what has to be done. I turn to Diego, and we could both tell we needed sleep. Proper sleep. Me and Diego started to walk back home not saying much to each other, but we didn't really need to right now we just enjoyed the company we both missed highly. Pretty soon we had reached our cave and we both headed to our corner, Sage and Ryker were still here with us, but we've agreed as soon as they're 18 they can leave. I lie down on the floor and feel Diego lie on my right side like he always does, he was still pretty far for my liking, so I shuffled my weight back until I was right next to him and leaned against him, I then laid my head on his paws instead of mine this earned a chuckle from him which made me smile.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing, nothing." I lift my head up to look at him with a not so believing look.

"You just made yourself comfortable, didn't you?" 

"Was that a problem?" he shook his head with a smile.

"No, absolutely not."

"Good, now let me get comfortable."

"Be my guest." I lay my head back where it was again, but this time I had a wonderful idea. I wait a few seconds before moving around again purposefully 'accidentally' nudging Diego a few times in the process then I stop and wait again for a few more seconds. Once it had been long enough, I then proceed to attempt at being closer to Diego even though we were already close. I use my head to try and move beneath his paw but pretend to struggle slightly.

"Come on." I try to contain my laughter.

"What's wrong?"

"You're doing it on purpose now." I continue to try and act all innocent.

"Doing what? I thought I was allowed to get comfortable, am I not?" I hear him huff before I feel myself get turned and pinned, I look up and see Diego.