♦8♦

A few days have passed. After the unfortunate accident, the internet still wouldn't stop talking about what happened. I was again plagued by my own mind. I blamed myself, but not as much as before. 67 calmly explained to me that this woman would try to hurt us either way.

I sat next to the kitchen table listening to some music that 67 showed me. It was a quiet day, we rarely heard any wanderer's screams outside. I still missed the Promised Land, but not as much as before. All I missed before was the feeling of safety that this place gave me. I lost everything during the Fun War so there was nothing to come back for.

-Hey, sad face! - 67 called for me from across the room. That was the first time they used that nickname on me.

-Sad face? - I wanted to make sure I heard that right.

-Sorry, you don't have a number nor anything so I don't know how to refer to you. - They apologised. - Just come here.- I got up from the chair I was sitting on and came to them.

-No... you can call me that. I was just a little surprised. - I explained. Nobody ever called me by anything other than my number (that I didn't remember anymore) so I had a good reason to be confused. -Anyways... What is it that you wanted to tell me? - I asked.

-I think it's time to take off your bandages. - They explained pointing at my arm. - Or at least change them. Your wounds should be partially healed by now. - They continued.

-You don't have to do it for me... I can change them myself, I don't want to be a bother. -I replied a little embarrassed. It was really nice of them that they wanted to help me with that, but I already felt like I was too much of a problem for them.

-It's okay, don't worry. - They reassured me and gently grabbed my arm. -I am the one who bit you, so I should be the one who helps you heal that. - They lifted my hoody and slowly took off all the bandages. -I think the wound on your right arm isn't healed enough yet, but the rest is fine. - They claimed while finishing taking care of my injuries.

-Anyways... - They began. - Do you mind catching some humans with me today? We're running out of blood and food. - They asked me. -I know that Partypoopers are rather pacifistic creatures, but the baker doesn't have time for me today and we can't go to the cannibal cuisine for obvious reasons. - They stated. I didn't want to kill any innocent wanderers, that wasn't my thing, but how could I refuse to help someone who saved my life?

-Sure, but... Do I have to kill them if they are friendly? - I asked 67. I didn't like the idea of unaliving a random traveller that didn't do anything wrong. However... killing someone who wanted to hurt me or 67 didn't sound that bad anymore.

-You don't have to kill anyone if you don't want to. - They said handing me my partygoers disguise. - I just want your company, I get upset when I am alone.

So I wore the costume and decided to assist them. We entered the darkest area of the Funrooms. It was almost pitch black with no light sources around, except for our flashlight. We started looking for some poor humans. If they led me here before I would probably freak out thinking they want to kill me as this area is completely quiet with no one around, but now that I trust them I am not afraid of being murdered anymore.

-For some reason, this is the easiest place to find prey. - They went on. - And I'm talking from experience, because this is where someone bit me and I got turned into a Partygoer. - They continued while leaving some almond water and singular weapons on the ground as bait.

-Did it hurt...? - I asked them. I knew that it could be a traumatic memory for them, but I just couldn't stop myself from asking that. There were so many questions that I still didn't have an answer for. They stood there for a few seconds, thinking how to put it into words.

-The worst pain I ever experienced. - They replied shortly. - If I could choose between being skinned alive and experiencing it a second time I would choose the first option. - That sounded absolutely terrifying.

-I hope that won't sound weird but... if you know how much it hurts then why are you willing to infect others? - They looked away and sighed.

-I hate humans. - They made a short pause between sentences. - And just because I was one before doesn't mean I can't feel that way. It's a long story though. - I wanted to tell them that I don't mind listening, but that's when we heard someone close to us. Someone took the almond water, but the moment they tried to take a sip they accidently smashed it onto the ground making a noise. The glass shattered as the water spilled on the carpet making a blasting sound. We both rushed in its direction ready to attack.

We expected to see a human, but the person we saw surely wasn't one. I didn't even need a second to recognise them.

-32?! What the fuck. - 67 shouted indignantly at the baker. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect them either. Their presence made me shiver. I always felt like they were staring straight at my soul. - You said you don't have time for me, but you do have time for mindless walking around the Funrooms? - They continued yelling at the baker.

-Shut up. - They shortly responded. - I have problems to deal with and it's none of your business. - They gazed at me. - Nor your friend's, so don't bother me. - The baker behaved way differently than when I first met him. I thought he was more of a chill person, but turns out that everyone has their dark side. Or maybe that's just how partygoers behave.

-We will leave you alone, but... - 67 noticed the bag they were holding in their left hand. It was full of blood from the cannibal cuisine. -... you need to share with us. - They pointed at a plastic, transparent bag.

-Whatever. - They sighed and gave us around ten cans. - But in return you'll give me your almond water.

-No problem. - 67 shagged and handed him a few glass bottles of almond water. -Just don't break them this time. - They said jokingly, but the baker was already gone.

-That was a little strange, wasn't it...? - I questioned them. - How did he even manage to get that blood?

-I don't know, this is just the way he is. - They already opened one of the cans. - I don't think we need blood anymore, let's head back home. - 67 said in a completely neutral tone, but I just couldn't forget how 32 stared at me. Maybe there was something wrong with my partygoer's disguise?

-Does he always act like that...? - I asked them,a little concerned.

-No, but he's often in a rush. - They took a sip of blood. - You need to understand that most partygoers aren't as chill and merciful as me.

We went home. There was no point in hunting people while we already had blood and I was honestly happy about it. What we got from the baker wasn't a lot, but it was enough for today and maybe tomorrow. Besides that we still had a box of cookies and some almond water.

Just when 67 was about to open the door we noticed something strange.

-Was it here before? - I asked, taking a closer look. It seemed like somebody tried to break in while we were gone. Hinges were scratched everywhere and you could see someones prints on the PIN-pad and door handle. Whoever did it, definitely didn't care about hiding their "work".

-Definitely not. - They replied after a few seconds, slowly opening the door. We only hoped that whoever tried to break-in, didn't actually succeed. We looked around the whole house, checking if there were any signs of a burglar inside. Luckily, we didn't find anything.

-This is still really disturbing... - I trembled giving them a worried look.