⭐⭐⭐|¦_Taking A Step Back_¦|⭐⭐⭐

Start from the beginning

What? What language did Paradox switch to? Why did I have a feeling that whatever Paradox said was going to convince Azmuth?

Azmuth tried glaring at me and then sighed. "Fine. You will keep the omnitrix. But," he fiddled with my watch, my watching beeping suspiciously "you will now perhaps appreciate my creation, and certainly not cause any damage to it. Goodbye." and he teleported.

I turned to Paradox confused "What?" I wanted to ask what language he just said, but I had a feeling Paradox wouldn't answer. He just grinned at me and said "Well, this ought to make things interesting. Are you up for the challenge?"

He stepped back, and just like that, he dissolved into golden light, teleporting away. I turned to my Omnitrix, checking out what Azmuth did to it. Nothing seemed wrong about it, but I was worried. And how wrong I would be.

***

The Next Day...

Thankfully, I had training with Artemis today. I would find out what was wrong with my Omnitrix.

As always, Athena had come to escort me again. She was keeping her mouth shut, and I was not surprised. Most of the gods were nowadays around me.

They knew I had the form of Chaos (Alien X) and they were fearful about it. Also they couldn't just attack me without incurring the wrath of Chronus (Paradox).

I just decided to not comment on these, as it would help me be safe from them at least. Artemis was polishing her twin silver knives. Athena left me the arena, giving me a good luck.

As soon as I entered, Artemis stopped and stared at me indifferently. "Benjamin."

I winced at the full name, it always reminded me of any teacher ready to scold me.

She smiled, barely "It is good to see you again. I hope you are ready for today's fight, as I will not be holding back."

I was opening my mouth to go easy on me as Omnitrix maybe had some settings changed, when she lunged at me. I immediately willed out Afthartos, and blocked the twin strikes.

Sparks flew from our blades and Artemis smirked. She raised her leg to kick me in the stomach, when I dodged by rolling sideways. She tried jumping again, but I was ready. I striked using my sword and I coated it with a thin layer of water.

Chaos Silver really was a good conductor for elements and magic, and it retained anything, more like absorbing it for a while. I willed it turn it into ice, and it grazed Artemis' leg.

Then I jumped back, with her distracted for a second for the wound, I dialled into my Omnitrix, and slammed into it. "Fastflang!"

I was hoping to have XLR8, but it would work. Wait... Why did it not give XLR8?

Before I could think, more on it, Artemis lunged at me again, and I barely escaped because of my speed. Artemis, finally realising my Alien's power, smirked. "Oh, you shouldn't have picked that one, boy."

Because of the mirth in her eyes, I knew she was joking about the boy part. I hoped so.

Suddenly she became a silver blur, and slammed into me. And I intercepted her blade strike. And man, was it powerful.

She kicked me, catching me off guard, and making me fall to the ground. I groaned, "OK, OK. No more speedy aliens against you, Lady Artemis."

Her smirk grew into a feral grin. "That's right." Then she charged again, but now I dodged by jumping upwards.

Artemis didn't expect that, so she couldn't see me that I was above her. In one second, I pulled out my sword and tried slamming it onto her.

Then, all of a sudden, Omnitrix beeped and I returned back to normal. Without the speed, I fell down and I cushioned my fall with water.

"Wait!" I shouted to Artemis. "Something's wrong."

Artemis raised her eyebrow, seeing me behind her, but nevertheless she understood. She nodded and sheathed her knives.

I turned to my Omnitrix, and I saw something that I hadn't seen in a very long time.

"No. No, no, no, no. It can't be happening." I said frantically, trying to deny it.

Because my watch was glowing red.

***

Thankfully the Gods understood and sent me back. I walked to Cabin 3, which was empty at the moment.

I sat down on the bunk. That's what Paradox meant by challenge! I sighed angrily, as it meant that now I had a time limit to turn into aliens.

"Azmuth, I'm sorry, I won't do it again." The call was rejected. I sighed again. At least he hadn't locked all of my aliens. It could have been much worse.

I looked up to see Percy staring at me. "Come, on I think today is enough and let's call it a day."

I nodded "Yeah, today really was a day. Wasn't it?"

With Kevin and Gwen dropping, my Omnitrix now having a time limit, what more challenges would I face? I knew it was going to get even more harder.

And I wouldn't back down. Not right now. Not ever.

_____

Finally another chapter done! If you didn't understand the first part of the chapter, don't worry!
It's more of a setting up for the sequel. Actually, scratch that, it's going to be more of a side sequel than anything because it will just a Ben 10 fanfiction, no other crossovers.
There is going to be a sequel though, and you won't have to read the side-sequel as it won't have much impact on the main sequel.
Also the language Paradox was speaking? It's the Standard Galactic Alphabet from the game Commander Keen. Even if you don't recognize the game, SGA is also used in Minecraft's enchantment table! I thought it would be cool to add this.
Yeah, as you are now guessing, Updates are inconsistent, I update whenever I get time.
See ya later!
~PerseusKyogre09