Chapter 42

(Natalie pov)

Feb-24-2018
Florida home📍

Natalie: "Mamá ya te lo dijiste Faith no quiere volver, she old enough to make her own decisions."

Mariana: "I know she is old enough, as her mother, extraño a mi hija, no la culpo por lo que pasó."

I sat down across the table with my mom in the kitchen. After everything I get where mom is coming from & with it just being her & my grandma living together. Meam off to college for another 4 years, it gets pretty lonely.

Natalie's thoughts: "Maybe I should just study from home."

That was the plan; they wouldn't be alone & I get to spend time with my family. The only downside is that it will be slightly harder to get into the college that I've always wanted to go to.

Natalie: "Te ama mucho y eso lo sabes."

Mariana: "Porque no hablas con ella, dile que venga a casa, ella se ha ido por demasiados años, tu abuela y yo la extrañamos."

I wish it was that simple & it's not & just wait until she finds out that she's gay. Mom is going to blow another fuse & it's going to make everything so much worse.

Natalie: "Mom…I…I've only talked her a couple of times…ella todavía se culpa a sí misma mama, tu le pusiste todo eso a ella."

Mariana: "Yo perdí a mi hijo y ella perdió a su hermano…I wasn't thinking at those time, reaccioné what I felt was right."

Natalie: "That's why she left in the first place mom…I can talk to her but you can't expect her to come back home."

Abuelita: "Paren los dos somos una familia no debemos discutir se ve muy feo hablar así."

Abuelita was right, like she always is, how can we not argue if we haven't been a proper family in the past couple of years.

Mariana: "Entiendo madre, pero qué más hay que hacer, no puedo seguir así."

I just kept quiet for the rest of the afternoon & excused myself. I laid on my bed in my room, the door closed just so I couldn't see Faith's old room. My brother's room was right next to ours, it hurts everytime walking by it.

Natalie's thoughts: "It's just a mess in the family, grandma is doing her best just to keep it all together, she's trying." I sigh.

I roll over on my stomach arm hanging off the bed, bored, tired just hoping to fall asleep or actually do my college homework.

I groan looking over at my desk & laptop on it, I really didn't want to do that shit. Lucky me the doorbell rings & look out & it's my cousin.

Natalie's thoughts: "Thank God yess distraction!!"

Moments later I hear two small pitter patters of two little kids run down the hallway. The door flies open only to be greeted by my two twin nephews of 4yrs old.

Natalie: "Ven aquí dos pequeños alborotadores." I grab them both.

Both of them laugh as one of them tries to escape. I go for him only for the other one to run away.

Natalie: " trae tu trasero aquí." He laughs & runs away. 'Oye no huyas de mí!!" I chuckle.

Only for his brother to run out too.

I walk out after him to be greeted by him & my Abuelita in the living room.

Andres: "Hey cousin."

Natalie: "Hey." I give him a hug.

Abuelita in the meantime is with the two little troublemakers.

Natalie: "Not a surprise see you here."