Chapter 20

(Faith pov)

September-7th-2018
Faith's apartment📍

I looked at my phone & found heartbreaking news.

Faith's thoughts: "This can't be real, this hasn't to be a hoax."

I looked through all the articles & it happened not that long ago, I couldn't believe it.

~Mac Miller dead at 26~

Mac Miller the 26-year-old rapper known for his canny wordplay and artistic reinvention, died Friday at his Los Angeles home. The apparent cause of death was a drug overdose.

“Malcolm McCormick, known and adored by fans as Mac Miller, has tragically passed away at the age of 26,” his family said in a statement. “He was a bright light in this world for his family, friends and fans. Thank you for your prayers. Please respect our privacy. There are no further details as to the cause of his death at this time.”

The County of Los Angeles medical examiner said in a statement Friday, “In the late morning of Sept. 7, Malcolm McCormick (dob 1/19/92) was found unresponsive in his home located in the 11600 block of Valleycrest Drive in Studio City. Authorities were called and Miller was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:51 a.m. At this time, an autopsy is pending and a cause of death has not been determined.”

Faith's thoughts: "It's not your fault what you did happened months ago, it has nothing to do with anything."

I grab my stuff & immediately head over to Courtney.

Ariana's house📍

I ring the doorbell just thinking about how miserable Ariana is right now. I had to put aside our differences. It doesn't matter if she needs comfort.

The door opens & it's Courtney.

Faith: "Hey I umm…"

Courtney: "Ya I know I heard the news too." She smiles weakly.

Let myself in walking towards the living room.

Faith: "I swear what I did has nothing to do with what happened when I was there, I saw what he did but I was just watching out for her!!"

Courtney tries to talk to me, I don't even give her a chance.

Faith: "I thought comforting him I was doing the right thing at that time, & it just happened in the heat of the moment…Courtney come on anyone would do that for the person they Lo…"

Courtney: "Faith!!!"

That's when I look at her confused & there is Ariana right there sitting on the sofa. Family & friends by her side.

Faith's thoughts: "They fucking heard all of it."

I rushed right outside to get myself out of that situation.

Faith: "I almost fucking blurted out!! What about Jessica!?…I never think, I fucking act I never think about the consequences!!"

I don't even know what to think or do anything. I complicated things even more, a month without comforting her & that's the first thing she heard from me.

Faith's thoughts: "End my life, cause God I ain't doing shit with it."

Was lost, not sure if I should go back & talk to her or go back home & leave things how they are.

Ariana: "After all this time you finally decided to show up!!"

Faith's thoughts: "I didn't want it to be like this."