14. ᴛʀᴜᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ

(Third Person POV)

How fast Alan's heart was beating when he got back to his chair. It felt like it was about to explode. Could he really do that? Is he that cruel? Once he sat down and put his headphones back on, he just rested his head in his hands, trying to breathe steadily but repeatedly failing.

"Hey. What happened?"

He looked up, and the Other Second was stood there still looking at him.

"It was _nala.. he.."

Other Second clenched his fist.

"He what?"

"He talked to me through my television and.. and said if we don't hand over Second in a day.."

He took a deep breath.

"..he could get me arrested and maybe even killed by framing me."

Other Second just stood there in shock as anger boiled inside of him.

'No.. he can't be going after real people, nonetheless someone from a whole other universe.. this man is INNOCENT..'

He clenched his fist harder.

"That's.. that's something we can't fix if you do get framed.."

"What do we do?"

"I don't.. I don't know.. god I really don't know I.."

Other Second started to pace, trying to think of anything.

"What's going on?"

Chosen jumped from his post in the files and landed on the ground, curious to the situation. Alan would just bury his face in his hands again while Other Second explained the situation. Chosen, of course, was as shocked as them. Other Second went to round up the other members of the resistance, making sure the normal four were in a room where they couldn't hear what they discussed.

Once they all arrived and understood the stakes, they, along with Chosen, grouped up and started to discuss.

"What's the plan Sec? Do you have one?" Other Yellow asked.

"No.. I don't. Anything we try, other than just turning in Second, runs the risk of Alan getting into trouble, a lot of trouble, especially for a real person. If we turn in Second, we're finished. Either way, we're trapped. _nala has played his cards well, I don't know how we can counter."

"You could send me disguised. I'm willing to go." Chosen recommended.

"No, he'll study everything thoroughly to make sure he has it right. If we send him a fake he'll most likely want to go through with his plan anyway."

"If we were to give Alan up, could we save it at the last minute? We could access government files and clear his name." Other Blue added.

"He'll just try it again until the police chalk it up to a system error and keep him anyway. We alter code, not thoughts."

They kept going, thinking of and rejecting ideas. Another and another thought, nothing would work in hindsight. Other Second would just tell them to group in an empty room for further discussion, getting frustrated as they left. Sighing, he looked back at Alan, who was just silent and listening to them talk the whole time.

"Look.. Alan, we'll figure something out, I swear. Whatever you do, just don't say anything about this to anyone else, not even Second. Ok?"

Alan would just nod as Other Second walked off.

However, unbeknownst to them, Second was off in the corner, hiding..

..and he heard every word.