Skye looked at Marco and Marco looked at a loss of what to say.

"He knows we weren't in care" Skye whispered. She wouldn't tell James about the abuse Marco went through but she wanted James to forgive him.

James however turned to face Marco and in seconds he had punched Marco "you knew and you still said we should live with them" he snapped.

Marco believed he deserved that so this time he didn't bother to stop James.

Eventually James stopped. He backed away when he saw the damage he had done. Marco wasn't too hurt and could have easily stopped him however he let James attack him.

Skye had tried to stop him but eventually she was triggered and found herself curled up in the corner.

"I didn't know at the time James. I found out a week ago" Marco calmly said. His eyes went to Skye and he was no longer concerned about his own injuries. He headed over to Skye.

"No. Don't touch me" Skye said visibly effected by the violence.

"I'm sorry Skye. Please forgive me" James said as he sat down next to her.

Skye nodded and put her head on his shoulder whilst James wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Marco silently watched.  Knowing his presence probably effected her.

"I can go and leave you both too it" he offered not wanting to cause a worse reaction from her.

"How did you find out" James quietly asked.

Marco sighed. They would hate knowing the truth but he felt they had a right to know. The man was never shown on TV. Marco wasn't ready to admit what happened to him.

"Alexander was right" Marco whispered knowing he shouldn't be telling them but he knew it would be easier for them if it came from him. He knew about their true past and he knew they could freak out and that would have their family questioning them. He didn't want them being forced to explain why they were so impacted.

"So Rafael lied" James asked.

"No. We are not part of a petty little gang. It's more the mafia" Marco said.

Like expected the two children freaked out.

"I know about your past now James and I can only apologise for how I treated you. I promise we are not like them. You never have to be involved in that lifestyle. You just can't tell anyone.  I found out because Lorenzo and I went investigating this gang and I found a picture of a man I know to be one of the men that kidnapped you" he explained.

"How much do you know" James asked holding Skye closer.

"The true reason  I was holding Skye was because I went to check on her, she asked me to stay after a nightmare, at first I tried to stay in the chair but I guess she wanted me closer"

James nodded, he was hesitant but they hadnt hurt them yet "Alex should know this" 

"And he will but I think dad is going to tell him, he will probably sit the three of you down and tell you" Marco said.

"So what makes you different from the gang who took us" James asked.

"Yes we deal drugs but that's as similar as we get. We mostly supply drugs, weapons, racketing, we loan money and so on"  Marco said not mentioning the torture and killings.

"We don't have to go back to the basement do we" Skye finally spoke up.

Marco looked at her with concern before a horrified expression took form on his face "never. I know my words probably mean nothing especially considering my behaviour but we will never treat you like that. And I won't ever force you to tell the others but if you want to talk about anything I'm here for you" he said.

"Does he know about how they treated you" James whispered.

"He knows what they did and how they made you and Alex watch" Skye confirmed.

James nodded he hated everything about their torture but this was the worst.
Knowing and being forced to watch trying to stop them but unable to move.

James understood now why she didn't hate Marco. It was clear by his expression that he was angry and sad about it and James figured finding out had made him a better person.

"I apologize for lashing out however if you hurt Skye in anyway and I mean in anyway you won't need to worry about Alex finding out" James warned as he stood back up helping Skye up.

"Yeah I kinda figured that already" Marco  replied rubbing his arm slightly. James wasn't as weak as Marco had expected.

"Then I suppose I'll give you a second chance. I don't trust you or like you but I will be civil"

Marco nodded greatful for the second chance.

"Good luck trying to get Alex on your side though" James replied.