Chapter 48

One Fucking Day.

Sebastian stared at Sasha, torn between guilt and despair.

“Hey, relax, we will think something okay, we can settle the issues.”

The Issues….

The issues of Sebastian were trying to wheedle more time for himself. Trying to give himself more time to think of a way to fix things, to prevent all of this from happening.

He was so invested in this scheme from the beginning. He didn't know what to do now .He definitely didn’t like it now. He didn’t want to go through with this.

He wanted to keep this illusion, turn it into reality, make it grow stronger and stronger, until none would dare to threaten the peace and safety it created.

And he had only one day.

“You haven't eaten anything, You’re probably starving why don't you think after eating.” Sasha spoke, when he didn't reply Sasha sighed and left the room.

Sebastian was not starving. In fact, he felt like he was about to throw up.

One day.

Time was ticking. And he was running out of options.

Sitting at his desk, Sebastian stared down at the mission report he had been staring at for the past two hours. He read the words over and over, but couldn’t make them stick. His mind refused to deter from its one track path of panic, panic, shit, shit, what am should he do, He had to fix this.

Sebastian raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. He had already spread some rumours about him and also the coup. He had included the Ravagers with him without creating suspicion. He could only hope that Devon or Kevin takes them seriously. 

But how was he supposed to the Ravagers? And then keep the Pack safe afterward? How was he going to prevent the inevitable fighting and there were a lot of wolves who supported Elder Bella. How could he managed to stop the treacherous actions Bella's faction were planning?

If he had been freaking out before, that was nothing compared to the absolute panic he was feeling right now.

And if the Chimera King went all out, half of the Pack would be killed before anyone could stop him.

Thus Evan should have been the first wolf to die. And the massacre could commence in peace.

Peace. That's why he had thought he  was doing this for peace. For the survival of Pack.

It was for peace.

But now he didn't know anymore.

One day.

Elder Bella strolled inside the room. She was vibrating with energy.

“Ready for tomorrow, Sebastian?” she sitting down across Sebastian.
Sebastian just grunted, standing up and stacking the papers.  Elder Bella was undeterred by his obvious irritation.

“Just think. Tomorrow morning will be a new day. The sun will rise with a new future ahead of us.” she also stood up, and started to pace, too restless to stay still. “Our Pack will be safe, Sebastian We’ve done it. We’ve secured our Pack!”

She paused beside Sebastian  “I’m proud of you, Beta,” she said quietly. “You’ve taken our Packp to new heights, new greatness. Your name will be honoured, revered, for generations to come.”

Sebastian turned,“Yes,” he agreed quietly. He can't have Elder Bella doubt him.
“Yes, I think you’re right.” He glanced outside, where the sun had set, and dark shadows were starting to extend their fingers into the remaining bits of light sky. “And what about yourself,” he found himself saying. “Are you still prepared to go through with this? You know what Kevin will do, once he finds out.”