Chapter 37

It wasn't new for Evan to receive looks and hear whispers behind his back. But to hear them from the people he didn't know actually hurt. They don't know anything about him. He was their Luna. But still they didn't show any respect he deserved. They didn't disregard him. They nodded at him as he walked passed them towards his mate's office. But they whispered about his looks. He wasn't sure whether they like them or not but they dared to talk about his appearance.

Evans mood darkened. He was having a mood swing  again. He has been a lot emotional lately. With the growing baby and his overprotective mate he felt drained.

Kevin had asked him to rest at home. Devon and Celine visited him regularly. Steven basically lived with them now. But he was bored so he decided to visit him. It was a difficult task indeed. With Stefan at his tail.

Devon and Celine would flip when they hear that he had snucked out quietly. He just wanted some fresh air to clear his mind without people nagging him. Steven and Stefan were the most annoying among the lot.

But that was a bad idea. He realised now. Kevin had ordered to keep the pregnancy a secret atleast for now. Regardless the fools have forgotten to hide their excitement and protectiveness. For which strange rumours were going around.

Evan was speechless. That hurt. And as now he was emotional all the walls were crumbling. He felt like crying. But mostly he wanted to vent.

There were many rumors about him floating around wherever the wind carried. That he has lost his reasoning and sanity. And the Alpha and his brothers were keeping him in check.

And that he was a weapon forged by  Devon and Celine and were teaching Kevin how to use him when required.

The one that stuck to him the most was that he wasn't the true mate of their Alpha and how they felt sorry for him. How great was their Alpha to sacrifice his true mate for the Pack.

Evan scowled. He had just walked towards his husband's office. Still he could hear the whispers with his heightened hearing. 

Kevin must have heard about it. Had he never questioned it?

And what about Devon and Celine.

He remembered one meeting that he had attended with his parents. They had went to his mother's old Pack. He was asked to sit with his cousins. Devon and Celine were with him. A child, his cousin's friend a Beta had asked Devon about the Demon brother . Devon had started shouting about how his little brother wasn’t a demon, how everyone failed to see him as human, and saw his power before seeing his true self. How he was just an Albino. A little different from them. And Celine was the one to break his nose. It soon spread out in their pack too. About how the twins were protective of their younger brother. So they refrained from speaking infront of them.

All his Packmates almost piss their pants at the mention of the rumours about him, they were faced with paralyzing terror at what the twins would do if they ever hear about them, Though he was ridiculed and joked about. Though it hurt but Devon and Celine were always there to retaliate.

What had changed? Even if it was a different pack. It was Kevin's Pack. Kevin his husband. Sure they could just threaten Kevin instead.

Evan felt tears in his eyes. Even his thoughts were getting ridiculous.

He was so deep in his thought that he didn't notice Sasha following him from a distance.
Evan pushed open the door to Kevin's office which was empty. He huffed more frustrated then ever.

He felt like peeing. He hurried to the attached bathroom to relieve himself.

Sasha hurried over to the office . She didn't miss any chance and was quick to drop an envelope on the table making it a bit noticable for Evan. And then she slipped away.

When Evan came out he noticed a new smell. Someone must have entered after him. But it was also faint and hard to distinguish. His eyes fell on the envelope with an oddly Black colour as if seeking attention. It irritated him looking so out of place.

He picked it up it was addressed to him.

Evan

Don't think about how I could deliver this letter to you. Just think about the traitors I have in your mate's Pack.

If you are reading this letter, you must know who am I.

Though I admit that it was way out of line to send you letter but you gave me no choice.

You married so young. Didn't even let me come to you. And now I couldn't reach you with your mate lurking behind.

It's not like I want to mate or have any interest in you. But you are a special wolf. A rare Albino. You possess power and beauty. And I very much admire you. I would very much like it if you were to join me. You see it's either that or death. As much as I appreciate you I would like to destroy my enemies before they bud. You know very well how to respond into it.

The Nightshade pack has been in correspondence with me to plan an assassination for you. They will act on my order. It's not like your mate could do anything to prevent it.

So I would like to offer you a trade.

You will come stay with me, and we annihilate it together. You can ask me to spare your family. I will comply.

The Choice is yours.

Dellert Silvers.
( Chimera)

Evan broke out in sweat. He felt terrified as his panic rose. And before he could think his legs gave away and he blacked out.

Later when Kevin found him after Stefan came crying to him. Evan was still unconscious with a letter in his hand. Steven crouched above him.  Streaks of dried tears in his mate's face . Kevin screamed at he pulled him to his lap. Markian ran to call the Pack Docter even though he was told that someone was sent to get her.

Sebastian stood frozen in his spot as he saw the letter clutched in Evan's hand.

And then there was Chaos.