Chapter 44

Sebastian hadn't been surprised when Stefan walked past him after the meeting. He looked impassive, Sebastian deserved that. Wasn't he behaving like an asshole towards Stefan all this time. It was normal that his mate was hurt. Sebastian knew that Stefan "Knew" about Kevin. Sebastian didn't ever bothered to hide it. He didn't wanted to give false hope to Stefan. Because Stefan deserved better. He deserved a better mate than him.

Still, he had hoped that Stefan would talk with him after everything. It was selfish of him. He hated himself for it. But he still wished that his mate looked at him. And Stefan always did. He stood by Sebastian at every step even if it hurt him. But now as Stefan didn't even bothered to look at him.

Sebastian felt restless somehow. And he had a headache brewing. He could only imagine that seeing Stefan again would help.

The man was stressful. Still Sebastian had never felt so conflicted about anything as he did about going after Stefan.

Some days, he would miss the company Stefan gave him. But then again he didn't wanted to be near him.

Other times, he would remember the scent of the man's skin, the cold of his hand as he pulled Sebastian from slumber. He missed him somewhat.

Perhaps, instead, it would be better to just go home instead of lingering at the office

To his surprise he could smell the scent of his mate the moment he arrived

He should have remembered that Stefan was nothing if not contrary.

Sebastian went inside his bedroom and saw his mate packing the small amount of the things he kept at his place.

Storming across the room still not sparing him a glance, Stefan went around the bed. Only to stop when Sebastian coughed.

"What?," Stefan said.

This wasn't what Sebastian had been expecting. To come home and find Stefan packing away his things.

"Steff?" he asked.

Stefan glared. "I just came in to take my things."

Sebastian nodded dumbly, "Ohh."

And he moved towards. Close enough to inhale a breath full of Stefan's scent. Scent of the snowdrops with icy sweetness , lashing and cold and briskly soothing. Sebastian hated how much he liked it.

It was infuriating. And it wasn't. Whatever it was, Sebastian should be better than this, shouldn't like this

But he wasn't. And he wanted to talk with Stefan. Now that Stefan stood before him, Sebastian could barely take his eyes off him. Could feel himself being swallowed with guilt. He wanted to say something about the coup to Stefan. He wanted to help Stefan save the Pack. He wanted Stefan to look at him. But He still wanted the Demon gone.

Stefan stacked his clothes together. He could feel Sebastian's eyes on him. But he was too much hurt to talk to him. He just wanted to avoid him.

"So how are you ?" Sebastian asked.

"What is it with you ?," Stefan snapped back. "I will just pack and leave, don't bother"