Chapter 23

After only a day at the healing Centre, Evan was discharged and was allowed to go home. He had soon gained his consciousness and asked Kevin to take him home. And Kevin obliged.

Markian came to pick them up from the Healing Centre. Driving a crate vehicle that operated on steam and boiling water. Evan stared at it amazed it was first time he was seeing it. Beast tribes took pride in their strength and travelled in their beast forms. Unlike human development of gasoline engines, beast people were used to the primitive way of living. There were inventions which were limited to their respective Packs. Abundance of ores and metals helped in the development of transport vehicles with steam engines. But still it was rare. And it was a first for Evan.  He had never seen one. He had heard about them from his father. But they didn't have one. Getting to ride such a vehicle made his mood a little better  and he relished that fact that Kevin kept giving Evan nervous glances throughout the ride. As he meekly reached for Evan's hand as he was sitting next to him in the back seat equally looking nervous. A smirk appeared on Evan's face. He enjoyed this. As much as he wanted it to continue he still felt nervous. "You feeling alright?'' Kevin asked.

"Yes, thank you for asking" he replied anxiously. His hand, the one Kevin was holding, was slightly shaking as he got tense the moment the contact happened.

Then they finally arrived. And Kevin was still holding Evan's hand. Was he planning on staying like that? "It seems we have arrived" he said getting Evan out of his train of thoughts. "Ready to go in?" He asked.

"W-wait" he said a little loud grabbing Evan's hand that was on his. "I-I need to tell you something" he said with hesitance in his voice.

Kevin retracted his hand that was reaching for the carraiges's door . "What is it?" He asked.

"I want us to be like before, I gave is some thought. I want to put everything behind us." he said while his voice degraded gradually as he lowered his head each time a word came out of his mouth.

"Oh...I see" another grin found its way to Kevin's mouth. "Don't worry I plan on doing that " his voice held excitement as he got closer to him and their foreheads were only millimeters apart from touching. "But since I was at fault I plan on making up to you , alright...babe?" He said with amusement glittering his command as his grin got wider

"Y-yes" Evan spoke as he realized that he was still stuttering ,he's never stuttered this much in his life. Evan blushed.

He felt Kevin's hand tighten around his. "Shall we?" He asked, pointing with his head to the direction of the door.

Markian gave a cough as finally they noticed him.Evan blushed some more. Kevin chuckled. " Well Evan's pretty cute today don't you think?" Kevin askedm

Evan glared at Kevin said a 'thanks, Markian' and was answered with an 'anytime, Luna' and he chuckled.

They got outside the car as the first breeze of fresh wind hit their faces mixed with various scents.

"Are we having guest?" Evan asked tilting his head. Kevin just hummed and dragged Evan to the door that was opened before they reached it....They both saw it coming.

Why were they not surprised?

"SURPRISE"

came the cheers, except for Sebastian of course,

The first who was to come crush Evan in a suffocating hug was Devon, was the fastest actually since Celine seemed to have been racing him as he too joined in the hug making Evan's lungs beg for air. But with all the commotion though, Evan never left Kevin's hand and was in fact holding it tightly.

"You scared me so much" his brother cried and finally let him inhale some air. Celine had already pulled back As she took a step back and watched as her Elder brother kept fussing over the younger one.

"There was nothing to be scared of Devon" Evan replied trying to pull away from his brothers hold. Devon kept hugging like a koala enveloping him with his taller body.

"Okay. Knock it off you two, now separate, separate" Celine said while pushing them away from each other with a smile.

"I see you guys have made up" Karina said staring at their entwined hands, with a grin.

"Yes, we have" Kevin replied with a smile of his own.

"That's my brother for you" Stefan joked winking at Kevin. Steven chuckled.

Markian came after parking the car and joined Sebastian.
Sebastian just nodded at Evan and Kevin and continued to act grumpy trying to show his displeasure.

It was getting on Kevin's nerves. He wanted to punch the hell out of him.

But Evan was quick to notice and he kept their hold firm not letting Kevin go anywhere far from him.

Much later when everyone one of their siblings and friends have left.

Kevin broke down as he hugged Evan.
"I am really sorry Evan, Please forgive me, I know you said you will leave the past behind but you still didn't deserve to be treated that way" He said.

Evan's eyes glazed with tears as he watched his mate beg. He surely felt betrayed but he had seen how affected Kevin was when he was in hospital.

Though he was asleep he had felt his mate presence and the love which he had questioned. Kevin loved him more than anything else in the world. And the thought made him happy.

It was not about forgiveness. Kevin didn't know him. But long before he had changed and given him the love and care he wanted.

Surely it hurt him to think that his mate had plotted to assassination him. But he hadn't. He was alive and he was loved. He didn't needed anything more.

"Kevin, I understand now, you just acted on your fears, you didn't know me. I was hurt. And I also acted immaturely. But I can see it now. You love me and I love you too. And I am not going to let those reasons destroy what we have now." Evan replied hugging his mate back.

They haven't even changed their clothes nor they went to their room. After everyone had left. Kevin had hastily hugged him. And started apologizing.

His mate was insecure and he wanted nothing but to comfort him.

"Babe, still it's too good to be true. You are forgiving me but I don't deserve it" Kevin said as tears streamed down his face. He was hurting.

"I forgive you Kevin, it's my choice if I choose to forgive. And I love you. Will you keep crying now?" Evan asked as he placed a soft kiss on his mates lips.

"No, babe but I promise you, I will make it up, I will love you even more, " Kevin said chuckling now with his tear stained face.

"Welcome Home" Kevin whispered in Evan's ear as he shuddered. They smiled at each other as walked together towards their bed room. Happily.