13. The Worst Birthday

And so begins the second year...

The summer holidays had been passing by quicker than Y/n had expected them too. He was sat in his bedroom at a desk writing a letter while Noctis rolled around on his bed playing with a new toy mouse he had bought her.

'Dear Harry.

I am hoping that you are enjoying your summer holidays with your family, but since I have not heard from you I cannot be too sure. Hermione wrote to me last week to ask if I had heard from you either, Well, that and to ask for more notes I have from my lessons with Professor Flitwick.

Ron has invited me to his home called 'The Burrow.' Atticus as you can imagine has already made several jabs at the Weasley family since I asked my Grandmother if I could stay with them but I have ignored them all. He left yesterday to spend the remainder of his holiday with the Malfoy's who seem to have taken a liking to him. I suspect it is because they all share a closed mind when it comes to magical families and those that associate with muggles. Thankfully my Grandmother is much more open minded and has no problem with me going to the Weasley's, much to my relief. I can only imagine Ron has also invited you so I do hope to see you there but If I do not then I look forward to seeing you for another year at Hogwarts.

Sincerely yours, Y/n Grindelwald.'

A few moments after Y/n had finished his letter and sealed it in a envelope an owl appeared outside his bedroom window with a letter.

Y/n noticed Noctis had jumped down from his bed now as she circled abound his feet looking up at the owl.

"No Noctis, you may not play with the owl." Y/n told her as she meowed grumpily in response then nipped at his foot. 

"You are becoming a very bad kitty

"You are becoming a very bad kitty..."

The owl dropped the letter on Y/n's desk now and he immediately recognised the handwriting. He took out a small handful of sickles and put them into a pouch on the owl's leg. "If I let you rest here will you take a letter for me?" Y/n asked the owl and it just hooted in response.

Y/n picked up the letter from the desk as he flipped it over, broke it's seal and took out a folded piece of paper.

'Dear Y/n.

Thank you once again for you written notes on Charms and Defence against the Dark Arts, I've been reading over them several times as I go over last years classes before moving onto our next years. I've also been reading the works of a wizard known as Gilderoy Lockheart, He's simply fantastic!

I heard from Ron that he's invited you and Harry to stay with him. He invited me as well but my parent's weren't keen on me staying in a house filled with boys. Still, I'm sure we can all meet in Diagon Alley when we receive our letters for next years requirements. I'm hoping to buy some more of Gilderoy Lockheart's books if I can get the chance too.