27. Happily Aye

Beginne am Anfang

"Ma'am, will Nandita Maan be joining us today?", the photographer asked Mehek, "our readers will be really happy to see yesteryear queen with her successful daughter. Two powerful women figures in one frame". She was thoughtful for a moment. Indeed, her mother had tried to make amends. Giving her freedom to take reins of their family business was an evident act. Yet they failed to bond further. It was not in Nandita's genes to be a doting mother. Neither could Mehek be able to get over years of abandonment. Shaurya has always insisted to see that her mother is different however she loves her just like any mother loves her child. Perhaps he was right. 

Nandita had visited Mehek with an exquisite bouquet of her favourite flowers when she heard about Mehek's award. But warmth felt when Mehek had received call from an excited Resmi was missing from her mother. Mehek has come to a point to accept her relationship along with the shortcoming. Any improvements threaten to drive wedge amidst them. It was her way of thanking universe to give her a doting family. "My mother is busy so she won't be able to join", she lied efficiently but soon proposed excitedly, "but you can come to our mansion and capture me with my mother-in-law. I am sure your readers will not be disappointed to know that sweet & caring Mother-in-laws also exists in today's world".

Resmi seemed to be high on life throughout the photoshoot. She looked best, gave suggestions and thoroughly enjoyed every click. While Shaurya tried to retrieve to his room, his mother didn't spare him. Poor man has to undergo the torment of being amidst the chaos while ladies enjoyed before the camera. But by late evening, Resmi was so tired that she took an early retire leaving the couple alone.

Shaurya and Mehek were enjoying solace in company of one another. "we need to build a nice shelf in the living room to keep your award", he suggested"you need to flaunt it". "Why can't we keep it beside yours in the study ?", she asked plainly. "Because I know there will no space in future. This is just one of the first", he pecked her cheek,"I am sure many will come". His confidence in her marvelled her. She leaned on to his chest, "it wouldn't have been possible without you". "I nudged you a little", he caressed her hair, "but you would have reached there eventually. You are stubborn enough", he mocked her playfully. She pinched him to punish for his taunt.

Shaurya knew Mehek was anxious about response on her success. The questions shot during her interviews were not just appreciating her win but also judgmental. Despite her talent and hard work, people were still over critical. "Don't worry about the article. It will be good", he comforted her. Over the years, Mehek & Shaurya has come afar from their initial phase. They were two people in love, along with being respectful companions and honest friends. 

Both wanted to blossom their relationship but knew it was not the right time. Shaurya wanted Mehek to achieve heights of her career. He  didn't want a baby to stagnant her. While she wanted to stabilize her life so that she could provide best for her child. Yet as time passed, with success her fear grew.

"I don't want to be like my mother for our children", Mehek told him. "You are not her, Mehek", Shaurya held her closely as he knew her scars ran deep. "I wish to be more like your mother", she added while basking in her warmth. She was so fortunate to have Resmi who never pushed her to give grandkids. Just like Shaurya, Resmi always encouraged her to follow her heart. "You won't be like my mother either", he chuckled as a matter of fact, "because you are different". She pulled out of his embrace, "different good or different bad?". He peered at her humorously, "I mean unique. Like any human being", he explained, "We are not in hurry to have a child. But I don't want your fear being the reason to delay"

As Mehek remained vexed, Shaurya reasoned with her, "We are bound to make mistakes but learn from it and make amends. I am sure you will be a great mother". Mehek felt lucky that she has an understanding partner like him. "Do you think I am delaying motherhood?", she asked anxiously. She constantly questioned her decision once Sonal got pregnant. "Pieces will fall in place in time", he comforted her, "lets not worry about future but enjoy our present". She nodded while brimming with happy tears. She may or may not be like her mother or mother-in-law. But she for sure has Shaurya. He is matured and sorted enough to guild her if she ignores or spoil their child. And who knows he will be the one pampering their child to core. She smiled imagining him to be wrapped around the little fingers of their baby. "I love you", she hugged him. "I love you more", he tightened his arms around her

Shaurya was blissfully happy being married to Mehek. He didn't want anymore. Ofcourse a child will be fulfilling their life but only when both of them are absolutely ready. Till then he wasn't going to dwell on it. All he wish is to love his wife and keep her happy. "Now lets plan a party to celebrate your success", Shaurya quickly grabbed his laptop, jumping on to the next topic enthusiastically. He was trying not to let Mehek worry more on the topic. 

"May be later, Hubby", Mehek held his hands softly, "lets do something else". Shaurya knitted his brows in confusion but it soon faded away when she straddled his lap. "What do have in mind, Wifey?", he acted to be innocent. "Oh! You know. A little this and that", she started to tease him by touching him here & there. Abruptly she checked behind to ensure that door of Resmi's room is shut. "She is heavy sleeper", he told her, "besides she was really tired". Then he too looked onto to ensure mother is not awake, "still to be on safer side let's not be loud". "I know a way", Mehek laughed softly and crashed her lips onto him.

The End