66) Pain

Eyes full of pain and tears, body full of filth and grim.

...

The chirping crickets who always found it amusing to scare the lady of the house were silent as if they were dead.

The long path which led to that golden castle called estate of triumvirate was dried of any fragrance of rose or lily.

Mens here and there, scattered around the silver fountain of the estate. Their eyes down in shame and pain not able to glance at her long scratched fingers.

The women came out of their small rooms of servants quarters, peeking at the lady who was half smudged in her own blood. The gasp that left their mouth was full of pain and agony. Somehow feeling the pain which their landlady endured.

The round blue eyes blinked slowly, her head moving here and there trying to get a glimpse of that princess jasmine who had her face hidden in her husband's chest.

"Papa, what happened to princess jasmine," the little girl with blue innocent eyes looked up at her father and asked.

Sandro pulled his hand to her pretty eyes, blindfolding her from seeing the painful sight.

"nothing," Sandro's eyes were down out of shame as he whispered a lie to his daughter.

He had failed to keep Aadya safe. The sole purpose he was awarded with since the day she came into their life.

Two women ran towards the entrance of the house with a long edged saree in their hands, they were the wives of the men working for triumvirate. They have only got a glimpse of Aadya now and then when she comes to the terrace to gaze at the night sky.

Running to the entrance of the house, they draped it around Aadya's lower part not caring about the man who was carrying his wife like a glass doll or the man who was glaring at them with anger in his eyes. They did not even care about the blood which was smeared on their hands.

Their main concern was the unconscious girl who was bleeding from her vaginal part like she did not have her periods for the last two months.

"Sir, we will clean her blood," one of the women said, her eyes down full of fear and her voice dimmed in a whisper.

"She is our wife, we can take care of her," Vikram growled, his eyes igniting with fury, a raw fury.

This last forty five minutes of silence had deepened the anger within him which he was trying to forget but failing to do so.

The woman flinched back in fear, one of them again tried to murmur,"But she is bleeding so much ..," before they could say something more their husbands came and pulled them behind, opening the way for their masters.

Two men opened the gate for their bosses and the trio walked in with their wife, leaving behind the worried and fearful minds.

........

Aadya was still drowned in the darkness. However this darkness was comforting because a part of her knew she was in the arms of her husband.

Rudra settled her unconscious figure on the grand bed. She was looking so delicate, like a thinnest and softest branch of a small tree.

The red rose lips full of nectar and shine were dulled like a black coal.

Her beautiful long hair which she had designed with uncountable curls and waves were muddled.

The beautiful serene face had small cuts and marks at every corner as she lay moveless on the center of the bed.

They stood there looking at her destructed self. Something was hurting them from inside. They felt like a sharp sword was plunged into their heart and someone was twisting it brutally making their heart bleed.