𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 , 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒓.

[ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ! ]

womanizer.

"HOW DOES IT FEEL to finally be the leader of the Empire?" Mason asked Clay, sitting down next to her at the ledge of the rooftop.

Clay smiled, watching over Hell's Kitchen, she twirled her knife in her hand, "Pretty fucking awesome," she chuckled, "I've always enjoyed being in control."

Mason raised an eyebrow, her lips turning into a small smirk, "That I'm sure you do," This caught Clay's attention, resulting in Clay's gaze meeting hers, watching as she chose her next words. Mason's eyes trailed down Clay's face, then further down her body, "Maybe you can show me sometime."

Clay didn't say anything, she knew what Mason was implying and usually, she might smile and say something flirtatious in response but absolutely nothing within her wanted to. 

Ring.

Clay's phone buzzed in her pocket. And Mason turned away, looking up to the night sky.

Foggy. His contact name and photo covered Clay's screen as she clicked the green button--answering the call.

"Hey," His voice sounds strained, tired. "I--uh, do you think you could meet me somewhere?"

Clay looked to her left, to Mason. "Why, what's going on?"

Foggy sighed, "It's Matt."

Two words and Clay's entire demeanor changed completely. Mason took notice, her eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion, mouthing 'is everything okay?'

Clay nodded, returning to the call. "I'm not really in the mood, Foggy, alright? If you're calling to set up another fucked up date or something, don't even bother. I'm not--"

"Matt's been shot."

Oh. Clay processed the information, huffing. She brought two fingers to the bridge of her nose and rubbed her eyes lightly, "What?"

"We don't know if he's going to be okay. Just--How soon can you get here?"

"We?"

Foogy let out a frustrated grunt, "Sophie, Leo and I. Just, please."

Clay felt a scoff threatening to escape her full lips. She couldn't believe Leo was in on whatever fucked up ploy this was. 

Matt had left her to die. He didn't care when she was on death's bed, so why should she care now? Clay laughed, "You know what? Not my fucking problem."

And as she was about to hang up--"I know about you. I know that you're some vigilante like Matt and Leo. And I know that Matt is Daredevil."

She exhaled sharply, clenching her jaw, "Don't call me again."

"MATT WOKE UP." Leo handed Clay a cup of coffee as they continued walking further into the building, ready to start Clay's day back at the firm. 

She muttered a thank you for the coffee and continued walking, ignoring his comment on Matt.

"He woke up a few days ago. Aren't you happy about that?" He tried again.

Clay shrugged, taking a sip of her beverage. "I don't really care, Leo."

They continued up the stairs, and the familiar scent of old furniture met Clay for the first time in months. It was her first day back at the office, after all.