𝐒𝐈𝐗 , 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒛𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒂.

[ CHAPTER SIX ! ] 
you're my favorite person, clay azalea.

"THE PASTA IS ALMOST done!" Clay shouted to Matt--who was in the living room--from the kitchen, which hadn't been far from one another.

She continued to stir the sauce inside the bowl when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Startled, she jumped slightly as she set the spoon down, turning around to meet Matt's face. Her back against the oven as her hands found their way into his hair. He smiled down on her, his hands rested at the bottom of her back. He kissed her nose and then brushed his lips against hers, a quick yet meaningful kiss.

"Dance with me," He smiled against her lips, his forehead resting on hers.

Her eyebrows furrowed slightly, "Right here? In the middle of the kitchen?"

He shrugged, "Why not?"

He took her hand in his, brushing his thumb against hers as his other hand remained on her waist, he spun her around once. Smiling as he heard her laugh. He began to step in synchronization with her as she hummed.

They were two lovers who found happiness in the other--two people who were genuinely impacted by the other's presence, so devastatingly in love with each other.

Matt stepped back toward the oven and grabbed the spoon off of the counter, reaching into the bowl of sauce and holding onto the handle of the spoon, a wicked grin dancing upon his lips.

Clay's eyes widened, "No, no, no, Matt--"

She felt as sauce hit her bare shoulder, she shrieked, quickly turning into a contagious laugh as Matt hit her again.

Clay slid past Matt and reached into her drawer for another spoon, and when she got one, she got a spoonful of sauce, as well. She smirked as she tossed it at Matt, catching him off guard completely.

He raised an eyebrow and somehow, his grin grew.

She hit him with sauce over and over as he refilled his spoon.

Once he got a spoonful of sauce, he began to toss more onto her.

They laughed and threw sauce at each other for--they didn't even know how long--they were so genuinely and profusely happy with one another, they didn't care how long they had been there.

Matt set his spoon down, opening his arms wide, "Come here, sweetheart."

She smiled at him as she wrapped her arms around him, inhaling his scent as she rested her head on his chest.

He pressed his lips to the top of her head, "You're my favorite person, Clay Azalea."

"Guess what," she looked up at him, "You're my favorite person, Matt Murdock."

"HOW ARE YOU feeling?"

Claire had forced Clay to ask Matt, right after Clay had informed her on how she knew Matt.

Matt exhaled a deep breath, "like I've been stabbed and I have broken ribs with a concussion."

Clay rolled her eyes, "I was trying to be nice," she sat down on the ground next to the couch, "no need to be an ass about it."

Matt took his arms and rested them beneath his head, clay was able to see a smirk form on his face, and she dreaded for whatever he was about to say. He had that smug look on his face she hated.

"You had a lot to say about me to Claire."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "You were eavesdropping?"

"Eavesdropping?  You're just loud."

Clay looked down at her hands, which were now rested in her lap. "Did you hear the entire thing?"

The smirk on Matt's face was replaced with a frown, he let out a sigh and nodded, muttering a quiet, "Yeah."

"Okay." She stood up, and as she went to walk away and leave when his hand grabbed hers. 

"Please stay." 

Clay clenched her hand beneath his touch and looked at him for a moment. She didn't say anything. Just shook her head and began to walk away. 

"I want to talk about that night." He said with a grunt as he attempted to sit up. 

Clay knew they would have to talk about it at some point, she just didn't think it would be so soon. 

She stood back up and with a simple shake of her head, she said, "Not tonight."

a/n 

:,)