𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 , 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒆.

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ! ]

taste of medicine.

THE CLUB WREAKED of sweat and booze. 

The music in the background blared from the speakers and into Clay's ears. She had a drink in one hand and her other was interlocked with Leo's. 

She threw her head back as she took a sip from her glass--moving along with the music. 

Leo began to walk toward the door, dragging Clay along with him, "What's going on?" She shouted over the music--barely being able to hear herself. 

And that's when she saw him. 

She paused, locking her feet onto the ground. "No, Leo--" 

He tugged on her hand, "Come on, you don't want to dance with Matt?" 

Karen then stepped out from behind Matt and Foggy, she was smiling and her eyes glanced toward Matt with a flirtatious look in her eye. 

"I don't think I'm the one he wants to dance with." She mumbled, hoping the alcohol in her system was forming an illusion in her mind--but Leo's silence and frown told her that it wasnt. 

"I didn't know she was coming, I swear. I'll tell her to leave--" 

Clay shook her head, "No, you go greet them, I'm gonna get a refill." 

"Clay--" Leo's lips twitched into a frown as her hand detached from his, and she was already halfway to the bar. He let out a sigh as he pushed past the crowd of people and walked up to Matt, Foggy, and Karen. He forced a smile, "Hey!" and embraced Karen in a small side hug. 

"Where's Clay?" Matt asked immediately, not even greeting Leo. 

"Hello to you too, Matt." Leo replied sarcastically as Karen whispered something to him, her hand trailing down his arm. "Oh--sorry, are you two..." He pointed between the two of them, glancing toward Foggy. 

"No." Matt shook his head frantically while Karen shook hers. 

"Well...Do you guys want to sit down?" 

The trio nodded, and Leo walked them to the table Clay had reserved for them. 

There Clay sat, six shot glasses of a clear liquid inside of each in front of her. She saw them approach her table in the corner of her eye, and she grabbed one of the glasses, chugging it. Barely even cringing as the fiery sensation filled her throat. 

She kept her gaze low, but still watched as Leo slid into the cushion of the booth next to her, while Matt slid in on the opposite side, Karen and Foggy following. 

The four of them discussed a topic while Clay drank another shot, setting the glass into the other empty one, forming a pile. She clenched her jaw as saw Karen and Matt share a laugh, a pit of jealousy forming in her stomach. "So, Katie. Which one are you dating?" 

They all looked at her, and Leo pursed his lips, whispering the words, "Don't do this." In Clay's ear. 

"Excuse me?" Karen's eyebrows furrowed and Clay just smile sweetly at her, it was practically dripping in venom. 

"I've seen you flirting with both Foggy and Murdock, which are you dating?" 

"Clay--" Matt started but Karen cut him off.