𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 , 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔.

[ ELEVEN ! ]
familiar surroundings.

"ON YOUR RIGHT!" LEO shouted over the loud sound of shattering glass.

Clay elbowed the man to her side in the gut, causing a small distraction--giving Leo time to put him in a headlock as Clay ripped the bottom of her pants, grabbing the knife from the leather belt that strapped to her ankle. She faced the masked man and pressed the blade to his adams apple. "Well, hello there."

He didn't reply, instead, he slithered underneath Leo's grip, attempting to escape it.

Clay smiled, "Let's make this easy," She turned back around, and as she was about to grab her phone from her pocket, her chin hit the floor. The man's foot hooked onto her leg, knocking her to the ground--sending her knife flying across the room. The man escaped Leo's hold, banging Leo's head into the table beside them.

The man dashed toward the knife, and as his fingers glided along the edge of it, Clay latched onto it, smiling sheepishly as she looked at the man, who now had his head turned toward her.

Leo recovered quickly, his fingers tightened around the back of his mask, pulling his head back before slamming it into the same table he had previously gotten his head hit on.

The man grunted, his palms glued to the top of the table.

Leo had a better grip on his gun now, pressing the edge of it to the back of the man's head.

Clay watched him shudder as the cold metal met his skin. "It's so much more fun when they don't cooperate. It makes it so much easier to--" Now it was his elbow connecting with her gut. She clenched her jaw, growing tired of his recycled tricks. She licked her bottom lip and laughed, though there was no happiness implied. She grabbed the man's shoulder and flung him backward, forcing him to face her. She punched him first, watching as the muscles in his jaw popped. And again--though, this time it was the left side of his face--and again. And again. Giving an even amount of punches to each side of his head. His head wobbled to the side, blood trickling out of his mask, as well as from his lip and it began to swell. Clay took his head in her hands and brought her knee up, connecting his head with her knee. A deafening crack followed and she smiled lightly to herself, as if content with her accomplishment.

The man's nose was swollen, shoved to one side--in the wrong direction--and blood began to escape the crack of his skin that had opened.

"Any last words before I kill you?"

The man only spat on her boot, causing her to laugh. The laugh soon turned into a grunt when her head collided with his. The room spun for a split second, her eyes closed before opening them again at the same time as the loud echoing of more glass shattering.

She looked over, but only saw Leo's foot for a moment--the only part of him being inside of the building. She gasped audibly and ran over to the window, Leo tumbled onto the roof of the building across from them, looking up with a grin and a thumbs-up, and Clay sighed, but it soon got cut off when she felt fingers entangle themselves in her hair, tugging her backward--

Her feet hit the ground as she caught herself, her head only an inch off of the ground.

She got up quickly, flipping forward as her leg folded into a kneel and her other sprawled out behind her. "Think you can get rid of me that easily?"

She brought her foot that had previously been kneeling and kicked it up, hitting the man perfectly in the chin, knocking him backward onto the ground. Clearly, his stamina or balance had not been nearly as good as hers.

She walked up to him and kneeled down next to him, "You're wasting your time--"

His feet hooked on to her ankles once more, and she was on the ground again. She cursed under her breath and opened her eyes to see him hovering over her. His fingers held a tight grip around her wrists and had her arms pinned to the cold ground beside her head. "Hi." The first word he spoke to her.

She wasted no time, sliding out from underneath him and shoving him onto the ground. She straddled his lap, retrieving her knife once more and using it to prop his chin up, her fingers gliding along his jaw. The layer of stubble and the squareness of his jaw was familliar.

His lips were familiar--hell, even his nose. His scent, his voice.--It was all so, so familiar--She was being pulled off of the man. She was so close to completing her mission, to killing him. And she was being pulled off of him. By Leo. "The cops are here, we've gotta go!" His voice was strained yet so loud, he sounded frantic--his voice so close to her ear yet sounded like it was miles away. So so far. She was being dragged away but she couldn't bring herself to take her eyes off of the man. Off of the man she knew.