I decided to as quickly as possible back away and go into the opposite direction. I entered a narrow corridor behind me and looked for a good place to hide. The Funrooms are everything you would call a party but make it odd and disturbing. Confetti and colorful balloons everywhere with a "Happy B-day!" written on it, tables with little paper plates and birthday cakes.

The only good thing about this level was the fact that the food here is actually edible, meaning that I wouldn't die out of hunger. Sure, it was made out of human flesh, but only humans would be actually triggered by it (obviously).

I was aware that I was being watched by someone, but there was nothing I could do other than just keep going. So I did.

I eventually got to the end of a hallway where it splitted into two smaller corridors. I took a turn to the left and kept walking faster. Just when I was certain I was far enough and took a break I heard a raspy voice near me. I didn't understand what it said but I was beyond any doubt sure who it was. A shiver ran down my body. I hid under the table praying for them not to find me. My hands were shaking and my heart was pounding like crazy. I tried to calm down but just thinking about what was happening resulted in a panic attack.

I waited for one minute,then two minutes,then ten minutes, and then thirty minutes. Nothing. Maybe humans were right that hiding under the tables is the best possible option. Before now we used to have access to the internet and read everything they wrote about backrooms. They had tips and tricks to avoid almost every entity or reduce the possibility of dying. It was funny back then how they used to word everything. Now that I think about it, saying to shoot yourself when a Partygoer is after you doesn't sound that humorous. We used to laugh about it, but now it's just disturbing. I don't even have a gun.

I spent some time under the table and when I felt like I was safe I slowly got out of it trying to make as little noise as I was able to.

I started foraging the room in order to find any useful objects but everything I could find were plates, balloons and cake. A lot of cake. I was hungry by now so I took a small piece of it. It tasted way too sweet but it was acceptable. The metallic bloody taste was fine , nothing too serious. It felt like I was eating some meat flavoured cotton candy with chocolate toppings.

I picked up a clear paper plate from the table and wrote a "=)' smile on it with cake by my finger. Then I glued it with chocolate frosting onto my mask to hide my "=(" face. It looked like shit but what was important was that I wouldn't be recognized as a Partypooper at first.

Then I took some tablecloth to cover my body with it. "Great, now I look like a depressed and neglected Partygoer!" I said to myself in my head. I just wished there was a mirror at least so I would be able to look at this abomination. I sighed.

-If Funrooms aren't the worst level in the backrooms then I don't know what is. - I started thinking out loud as I was certain I was alone.

Then the raspy voice appeared again, but this time it was right behind me.

-Can't relate. - I turned around instantly to see a familiar figure. Tall with yellowish leather skin, a creepy cartoony smile '=)' drawn on their face and weird openings on their 'hands' filled with teeth. That was definitely a Partygoer.

I froze in fear as I watched them point their claws in my direction. I tried to run in the opposite way but I noticed that it was a dead end.

I started questioning every possible way of getting out of this situation alive. But there was nothing I could think of besides either begging for mercy or trying to dodge them and run.

I came to the conclusion that begging them not to kill me would be not only pathetic, but definitely wouldn't work as well. That left me with only one solution.

I quickly pushed them with all my strength. They hit the wall and fell on the ground but somehow managed to bite my arm with one of their hand openings.

I ran as fast as I could without even turning around. I felt blood dripping down from my wound, but because of adrenaline I didn't feel any pain. I remembered from that human archive that they can run only for an average of 30 seconds. Then they stop, failing their hunt.

Once I was far enough I hid under another table hoping for it to work this time. My heart was beating even harder than before. I took a look at my wound. It was extensive but not deep enough to worry about bleeding out. It still did hurt a lot though. The pain was sharp and was spreading around my whole body. Their venom surely made it more painful than it would be without it. I started contemplating if it could possibly work the same on me as on a human but that's impossible. How can a Partypooper turn into a Partygoer? We're too different and our biology is too similar after all.
Once I calmed down the pain in my arm intensified. Oh dear lord. If that wasn't the worst pain in my life I ever experienced then I don't know what was. Adrenaline is really the best anaesthesia. I had no bandages or anything to stop the bleeding so I just hoped for the best.

Just when I was ready to get from behind the table I felt someone touching my second non injured arm. I froze in fear. I turned around very carefully.

-Boo! - A creepy and mischievous voice screamed.