TL;DR: Calla was never meant to be a character to root for, and I even tried talking myself out of her relationship with Cooper. Several times...

But after everything, this end felt inevitable, and ultimately came down to a series of choices that were made by both characters long before book three.

5. Does that mean you knew how it was all going to end? Even from book one?

Not exactly. There were certain elements I had planned out, yes: Tying up loose ends with the original cast, sending the characters off to college, and the like. But it wasn't until the events of book two played out that my vision for book three solidified.

6. Did you make any major changes to the storyline or the casting as the series progressed?

Oh, boy. A few changes come to mind.

Fun fact! In the first draft of The Psychopath Next Door, Vincent was actually supposed to be Cory's first victim, not Jacob Stein. I am SO glad I changed my mind on that one. The trio just wouldn't be complete without him!

Stephanie's villainous arc was also originally revealed in the first draft for book one, but the final document ended up being way too long. Like, way too long. That was when I realized The Psychopath Next Door had the potential to be a series.

Another big change was the inclusion of Calla's POV, as I'd originally planned to write the first book exclusively from Cooper's perspective. It wasn't until I got started that I realized how many questions I had about Calla's character—her motivations, her personality, what made her tick. I decided to write a chapter from her perspective, just as a fun little experiment, and had such a blast that I knew I had to keep going. Sometimes, you've just gotta go with your gut.

Any other burning questions you'd like to ask? About the characters? The plot? Writing in general? If so, I can address them here. Feel free to leave your questions in the comments and I'll add my answers below!

# # #

merylleangela Is there ANY, any (even the tiniest chance) of us getting a bonus chapter? Like for example it's been a year since TLTB, and as a reward you'll release a chapter? I'm so sorry for being so nosy! I'm just really in love with the book. <33

No need to apologize! It's a valid question :)

Is there a tiny chance I publish a bonus chapter? The answer is, yes. And that bonus chapter would likely come on an important date, such as the one year anniversary of The Lies That Bind.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, since I'll be taking a break from the series to focus on other projects, at least for the foreseeable future. But you could be getting much more than just a bonus chapter one day. An untitled Book 4, if you will.

We'll see!

orvienna honestly, i really wanna know the little and "unimportant" details about cooper and calla. like their zodiac signs, personality type, likes, dislikes, and just anything you came up with that helped you shape out these characters we all love.

LOVE this question! 

Zodiac signs—Cooper is a Cancer, and Calla is a Sagittarius. Fun fact (or maybe not so fun fact), Sagittarius is one of four zodiac signs that account for over 46% of the population's criminals, including serial killer Ted Bundy.