27 | You want this as much as I do..

Start from the beginning

He shrugged back, slightly shaking his head causing me to roll my eyes at his meaningless teasing. He shot me a wide grin showing the crinkles in the corner of his eyes and I refrained from cracking a smile myself.

"What are they even laughing about anyway?" A girl said staring back at the boys with a bitchy look on her face.

"Probably something stupid. You know what they're like." I bit my lip, in desperate need to have a break from their constant unintentional shit talking.

"I need to use the bathroom," I blurted out. They all looked at me, probably because I had rarely said anything all night. To be honest they probably wouldn't have noticed I was gone if I left.

"Oh wait, I should probably go to the bathroom too before we leave. Can I go before you?" One of the girls asked and I scrunched my face. Does she really think she's that privileged to go to the bathroom after I suggested it first?

"Yeah, go on." Apparently so. I sent her a fake smile before she disappeared into the hallway.

As soon as she left all of the girls started bitching about her, "wasn't that so rude?" The girl to my left turned to me and I shrugged, really not in the mood to cause drama.

"It's fine.. really.." and I guess it was better for her to go first. I was only planning on going to just chill in there for a few minutes anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've had more fun sitting in the bathroom for the past 5 minutes than I've had the past 2 hours I've been here. I wanted to stay for a little longer, not keen on going back to the boring group of girls but if I stayed here any longer it would cause suspicion so I took a final glance at myself in the mirror before exiting the bathroom into the hallway.

The first thing I notice was how abnormally quiet it was. You could still hear the music singing out of the speakers but the volume was a lot quieter than I remembered and I couldn't hear any laughter or chatter. Maybe they're all watching something?

I anticipated the noise to become louder the closer I got to the main area but the silence remained the same. I turned the corner expecting at least the group of boys hanging around but there was no one, in fact, the room was completely empty.

"What the fuck?" I whispered under my breath, looking around to see if people were hiding but I saw no one. I decided the music was the best option to find someone and followed the noise.

The music lead me to the kitchen where I saw Mason with a large plastic bag in his hand cleaning up all the mess scattered around the room. He was softly bopping his head to the rhythm of the music while he cleaned up and I stopped for a moment to appreciate how cute he was being.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked and his head instantly jolted in my direction looking quite frightened by my presence.

"Nora! Everyone left, why are you still here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "wait what?"

"Yeah, the party ended 10 minutes ago. I thought you left with everyone else?"

"Oh, I didn't know it was ending soon. I was just in the bathroom and— Whatever I'll just call an Uber." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tapped away while Mason shrugged, continuing to clean up.

After seeing the confirmation message, I let out a frustrated sigh at how long the Uber would take to get here, "fucking hell," I said under my breath, "My Uber won't be here for another hour."

"Oh.. well you're cool to chill here until then. I'd drop you off but I've had too much to drink."

I smiled at the small gesture, "no it's ok. I'll just help you clean up."