T.O.S.O.M. | part two

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'm ready," I spoke quietly, but loud enough to get his attention. Slowly he looked up, a small smile tugging the corners of his mouth.

"You look nice," he said, eyeing my entire appearance, a small smirk on his face now. I let my head drop and pretended to study my shoes as I tried to hide my smile.

"Thank you," I said, feeling my cheeks get a bit warm.

Wait, wait. Back up. Why is Jason making me do this? You don't like him remember, Y/n? I snapped out of whatever I was feeling and looked back up at him.

"So, where are we going?"

Jason POV

"Get away from me!" Y/n yelled, giggling slightly and running ahead of me. I just chuckled and stuffed my hands in my pockets walking at a normal pace. "Well aren't you gonna catch me?" She was walking backwards now looking at me with a big smile, a gorgeous smile. I shook my head no and smirked slightly but when she turned back around I ran up behind her and picked her up making her squeal.

I didn't do anything special, we just went for lunch and now taking a walk on the beach. It was weird, for the first time ever I actually felt bad for how I treated someone. I don't know what it was, I guess I just saw how even though I was beyond rude to her she still put up with it. It just showed me how much of a genuine person she is.

"Why are you being so nice?" She asked, looking up at me once I put her down and her laughter died.

"What, I can't be nice?"

"I didn't mean it like that, it's just... I haven't seen it so I just thought.." She said quietly, probably thinking I was offended or something but I wasn't, I get it.

"It's cool babe, I get it," I chuckled. "Maybe you just bring out the good in people..." She didn't say anything but when I looked at her she had a small smile on her face. We walked in a comfortable silence for a little while before Y/n got all excited saying something about wanted to put her feet in the water. I followed behind her and watched as she took off her shoes and sat on the edge of the shore. The sun was just beginning to set now, the light reflecting off her skin, making her glow. She was staring off at the horizon and for a moment I just watched her.

"I know you did not just do that." I gave her an innocent look and shrugged my shoulders pretending to not know what she was talking about. When she looked away, I splashed her again. "Jason, do not play with me."

"Or what?" I challenged raising an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and turned back towards the front only for her to turn back around a few seconds later and splash me. While she was in her laughing fit I took the opportunity to splash her again, this time with a lot more water.

"My hair!! You think this is funny?"

"It's actually really funny, babe." Y/n stood and tried to run towards me but I moved just in time causing her to slip and fall into the water fully.

"This is so unfair," she pouted, cutely.

"Okay, okay, I'll help you up." I offered, still laughing a bit. I held out my hand and she hesitated at first but then took my hand only to pull me down there with her.

"Great now we're both soaking wet, even playing field," she grinned. I wanted to say there's other ways I could have her soaking wet but decided against it and bit my tongue.

Xx
Your POV

I woke up wrapped in Jason's arms. I don't really know how I got up here, this was actually the first night since Jason arrived that I've slept in our bed. He must've carried me up here, the last thing I remember was sitting in front of the fireplace talking with him. I'm really liking this "new Jason." He's not half bad when he's being nice and actually talking to you like you're a human. Yesterday was great and I really enjoyed it, although for a moment it did get a little weird when I accidentally called him Justin. He brushed it off and said it was okay, but deep down I can tell he felt a way about it.

"Jason, I have to pee," I stated trying to move his grip from around my waist. He groaned slightly, loosening his grip allowing me to get up. I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to take care of my morning hygiene. Once I entered the bedroom again, I found Jason sitting up on the bed with wild eyes.

"Jase, are you okay?" I asked walking towards him slowly.

"W-What you just call me?" He asked. I tilted my head and looked at his eyes, that had returned to the familiar soft brown that I knew so well.

Justin. He must've taken the meds. You'd think I'd be overjoyed by this but, maybe I wasn't? Don't get me wrong I am happy but is it bad that I was hoping for a few more days with Jason?