Shawn Meets Kayden (And The Kids)

...KAYDEN...
While Cory and Topanga went to go pick up Riley, I stayed with Auggie.

"Uncle Kayden?" I looked over at him

"Yeah Augs?" "Do mommy and daddy still love me?" I looked at him shocked, I didn't know it was this bad.

"Come here." He came and sat next to me, I pulled him into my side.

"Your mom and dad love you a lot, it's just Riley did some things that distracted them from you but they're going to be better okay?" He nodded, placing his arms around me.

"I don't like Riley, she always makes me feel less important." "Did she say anything to you?" He nodded and I clenched my jaw, trying to not flip out in front of Auggie.

"We'll talk to your mom and dad when they get okay?" He nodded again and that's when we heard a knock.

"One sec Augs, stay and I'll go see who's at the door." I told him before getting up and opening the door. Heat went to my cheeks as I made eye contact with the man standing in front of the door.

"Uh hi you must be Kayden, I'm Shawn Hunter. Cor did tell him they're on their way back." I softly cleared my throat, trying to get myself together.

"Yeah I'm Kayden, nice to meet you. Um come on in." I said moving to the side as he walked in.

"Uncle Shawn!" Auggie ran over, hugging his legs making Shawn laugh before he picked him.

"Hey there Augster, how have you been?" "Great, I've been hanging out with Uncle Kayden and he's so much fun." I smiled once I heard those words.

"Well do you think he'd spend some time with me as well?" My eyes widen once Shawn looked over at me.

"No, Uncle Kayden is mine. You can't steal him away." "I'm not going anywhere Auggie, don't worry." I reassured him

"Buddy haven't you heard the saying sharing is caring?" Shawn asked

"Nope." I stifled my laugh at Auggie's quick response. We all turned towards the door to see Cory, Topanga, and Riley walking in. I looked at Riley's outfit in shocked, Aviana texted me and told me it was bad but this is something else.

"Uncle Kayden." I quickly looked back at Auggie and immediately went over to sit next to him.

"What's wrong bud?" I whispered

"I'm scared." I shuffled closer so he was tucked comfortably between Shawn and I.

"I'm right here, there's no need to be okay? If you want to, you can squeeze my hand." And almost instantly, he took my big hand into his small one and gave it a big squeeze and just kept holding it. I didn't even noticed Shawn staring at the both of us with a small smile on his face.

"Riley Matthews what were you thinking?" Topanga started off while Riley just stood there looking down.

"I believe your mother asked you a question." "Fine, I deserve what Maya has! Her life was miserable and mine was perfect but now, she has an amazing room, awesome siblings and incredible parent! It's not fair, I was suppose to be the only one with a good life. And now she stole Uncle Flynn from me, she's ruining my life!" We looked at her appalled.

"Riley how could you even open your mouth to say something like that? Do you have no shame? Maya has been your best friend since you guys were 5 year old and this is how you're going to treat her? We found out how you're been belittling her and she still stayed your friend, I don't know how you could even look at yourself in mirror." Topanga said glaring at her.

"Can I tell them what you told me Auggie?" I asked softly and he nodded, giving my hand another squeeze.

"Uh Cory and Topanga, Auggie told me that Riley has been making Auggie feel less important. She has even said stuff to him but I don't know what." Riley looked like a deer in headlights while her parents looked in horror.