Chapter 11

Meanwhile, Dream was sleeping next to Shattered in bed. Shattered scolded him that he left the house without knowing him but it wasn't a harsh way. "Dreamy, I love you but I'm worry about your health."

"Sorry, brother. I couldn't sleep as always." Dream rubbed his back neck, looking away from him. "I just want to clear my mind away."

"By reading the base on story you've read?" Shattered asked, raising his non existent eyebrows. His both arms was crossed on his chest, tapping his foot as he speak. "Nah-ah, I think it's better if you read something base on story but more nicer with a happy ending."

"Alright then, brother." Dream smiled, watching him leave the room. He sighed sadly, staring at his hands. His both hands slowly cracking. "What was going on to my hands? Am I... Dying?"

"Sadly you are." The voice said, and it was the creator. "They made a grave mistake for entering the house..."

"You mean, that house?" He asked quietly.

"Yes... I made special life for you, you won't be suffer with them anymore, especially your brother... Nightmare..." It said as Dream's tears started to fall down but smile sadly as he listened to the voice. "You think our agreement is over?

"Yeah... I didn't expect you have a backup plan." Dream said, standing up from his bed, heading toward the mirror. He looked at the mirror and saw his own future reflecting on it. "I do look beautiful in the next life..."

"I know right..." It mumbled standing behind Dream. "You would be perfect than before..."

"Yeah... Perfect." He whispered, taking a deep breath and out. "How many days I will die?"

"7 months before dawn..." It told him as it started to laugh maniacally until it finally fades away.

"... I'm sorry, everyone..." Dream lowered his head, staring at the door. Until he started to sob quietly, fall his knees to the wooden floor, slowly begin crying. "I-I'm so sorry everyone... Forgive me and forget about me..."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

A Week Later

Dream smiled at the kid he helped. He watched the kid waving at him happily. He wish he could see more, and now he finally regretted to making that decisions but he must and be gladly to accepted it.

"Thank you Mr! I hope you have a good time!" The kid said, running back to his mother. "Mama, he helped me find you! I'm glad I'm found a person hero in this world. One day, I want to become a superhero to help everyone!!"

I will pray your future, young one. Dream smiled, before walking away to the café. I hope you have a wonderful future, where you and your family will live peacefully after my death. Because... I have to give the apple to him. So everything will be balance in his hands...

"Hey, Dream!" The cashier smiled at him. "How's your day? Is your life getting better than before?"

"Indeed." He lied to them, watching them giving a drink and food that he always order whenever he entered the café. This made Dream chuckled. "I haven't order yet and you know what I'm going to order."

"Yes, you ordered them everytime you came here." The cashier giggled, winked at him in a friendly way. When the Guardian was about to pay, they immediately stop and told him. "You don't need to pay them, it's on the house!"