"Okay, brother!" Dream chuckled, took the fork and eat the piece of cake. "Delicious! Oh, can I have another slice? I want to give from my special friend."

After Shattered give it to him, Dream teleported to the timeline where Nightmare was sleeping next to the grave of his dead brother. It makes him more hurt when he see the other Nightmare is in pain.

So that's why this guardian wanted make him feel more better. "Dear Nighty, I brought you something!"

"Dream–! You're alive–!" The other Nightmare woke up from his dream, seeing that he was asleep next to grave, making him let out a deep sigh. "It's not real then... Anyways, Dreamy, what are you doing here and it's that a cake you're holding?"

"Hm!" He nodded at the other Nightmare, he sat next to him and give him the plate of slice of cake. "My brother, Shattered baked it this morning. He wanted to celebrate my birthday too early."

"Thank you." The black skeleton said, taking one bite of it as his tears started to fall down. "This giving me a nostalgia when my brother used to baked me a cake on our birthday. Although I yelled at him mostly the time not to give, I secretly ate it anyways. This taste almost like him."

"Hmm." Dream smile sadly at him. "That's why your brother wanted to spend time with you all lot before he die, he might never know he will never make it to his future.".

"I regretted for not spending time with him more. And now that he's gone... I felt lonely..." The other Nightmare looked down, staring at the slice of cake. "When I was corrupted, I thought I had a hole in my heart, but when Dream came to save me. My heart starting to heal my wound slowly."

"Due to my hatred, I was blind and couldn't see he was trying to pull me away from the darkness." He started to sob. "Now, when he sacrificed for me... He fell into the deep hole of darkness... My heart, didn't heal anymore. I felt like it shattered into million pieces."

"I tried to save him, but... But..." His memories started to play in his mind when he remembered that time he couldn't forget.

☆࿐ཽ༵༆༒Flashback༒༆࿐ཽ༵☆

Nightmare tried to grab Dream's hand before he could fall. Unfortunately, he was too late until he had to watch him fall into the deep hole of the abyss. Dream didn't dare to teleport, as he wanted to accept his death for his brother's happiness.

The only thing Dream give his older brother was a wide happy smile, to show him that he will be okay as he was drowning inside the black liquid. Soon, he was finally gone.

Nightmare couldn't help but cried. He cried and cried that he couldn't save him. "DREEEEEAAAAAMMMMM!!!!" He screamed so loud, until the whole timeline heard him.

After the tragic loss of his brother, Nightmare wasn't the same as before, he became alcoholic, locking himself in his room for the whole years, hurting himself everytime. His friends and his foes were worried for him after the lost of his brother.

They tried to cheer him up, or make him feel better sadly, they were reply in harsh way because of the alcohol affects.

Until, things change when he came to his life. He saw Dream, but he knew that wasn't his truly brother. He sees his sad smile, the way he act like a mother, he treated to the other people. He realized, he must protect him.

The two of them met face to face, Dream was about to speak up when Nightmare hugged in him tears, crying out loud. The other looked confused but decided to comfort him, asking him what happened.

Dream listen to his story, starting to feel bad for him. He decided to help him up and move on. He did managed to help him but those memories are hard to forget for him. "Nighty, I know you're sad. But please, your brother hate to see you like this. It's not even he wanted to."

Nightmare didn't say anything, and was about to drink a bottle of wine, but the Guardian stopped him.

"Alcohol will not cure your depression, Nighty." He snatched it away from the other Nightmare and threw it out of the window. "It will give you more depression than before. I don't want that happen to you."

An invisible lightbulb pop out of his mind that Dream clearly had an idea to make this Nightmare feel better from his depression.

"I'll be your temporary brother until you are finally feel better, okay?" Nightmare only nodded at his questions and started to hug him and cried. "Shh~, it's okay Nighty. I'm still here. I'm still here on your side no matter what. Don't listen to those voice in your head to telling you to kill yourself to see your brother, don't! One day, you'll see him soon but not today."

☆࿐ཽ༵༆༒Flashback End༒༆࿐ཽ༵☆