Chapter 24

Charlie's POV

"Uncle Charlie!" Emilio's voice shrieked when he walked through the door of my parent's flat. I stood up, crouching down, opening my arms wide for him to run into.

He ran into my arms, giving me the biggest hug that he could. "Hello, baby," I replied, kissing the top of his head.

"I missed you." He rubbed his face into my chest; I could tell that he had begun to cry. "Are you staying?" Emilio looked up, and his eyes had a twinkle in them.

"I'm staying for the week, baby," I replied, giving him a soggy smile. "I'm sure I'll get to see you again soon, though; I'm sure my mating ceremony will be soon." I wiped the tears from his eyes. Emilio's bottom lip wobbled, another wave of tears ready to spill.

"But– but you have to stay." He cried out. I pulled him back into my embrace, rubbing his back. I picked him up and began to sway.

"I'm sorry, baby." I kissed the side of his head.

— — —

After a while of trying to calm the toddler down, he fell asleep on my chest. I ran my fingers through his black hair, humming a quiet song to soothe him. My parents were talking with Presley, pestering him with personal questions, including the biggest was why we hadn't had our mating ceremony yet.

Presley blushed, looking down at his lap, rubbing the back of his neck before answering honestly. He had admitted that he had done a pretty bad job taking care of me when we first arrived at our pack. I cut in, telling him that I hadn't told him, so it was partially my fault as well. Then my dad made it a point to tell me that it wasn't my fault at all because all alphas should know to take care of their Luna.

"It's not all of his fault, papa," I mumbled, rubbing Emilio's back, looking over to meet Presley's eyes reassuring him. He gave me a soft smile and bit down on both of his lips.

"You should be treated like the prince you are, though." My papa replied back in English.

"And we've been working through it, papa, don't worry about me. I'm not a kid anymore." My papa didn't like hearing me say that. He immaturely leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms, a scowl settling on his face.

"You'll always be my little bambino." He grumbled.

"You'll always be my papa," I replied.

"Uh, can I please have a couple of moments alone to talk to you, sir?" Presley sat on the edge of the seat; his tone was serious. My papa looked at him, then back at me, silently asking me if I knew what he wanted to talk to him about. I shook my head, shrugging my shoulders in response.

Papa nodded his head, getting up from his seat and motioning for Presley to follow him. My mate got out of his seat and followed my papa out of the sitting room. Karsen also took liberties and followed Presley.

— — —

Presley's POV

I followed Charlie's papa into Karsen's office. The alpha stalked behind me, quickly catching up, clasping his hand around my neck. I couldn't tell if it was a playful or threatening manner, so I let out a low growl. Karsen quickly removed his hand from around my neck and rolled his eyes.

"Can't take a joke, I mean, unless you deserve it." Karsen crossed his arms. We passed by several of their pack members. Dominant, submissive, and omegas wolves bowed their heads in submission to their Alpha. He gave them a gentle smile and nod while we passed them. Karsen wrapped his arm around my shoulder and leaned close. "And we both know you deserve it." He hissed through his teeth, keeping a tight smile on his face.