Rain

Takes place in part 3 of trollhunters

Claire's POV

It was after school when the rain started pouring. I was left in the school waiting for the weather to clear since I didnt have an umbrella.

I couldnt call my parents since there was no signal and my mom is at a meeting anyway. I was waiting under the roof outside watching the rain fall.

I looked at the time on my phone. It was already 5pm. I sighed. I then heard someone talking and I got in my battle stance.

The voices got closer and I realized it was Jim and Toby. I sighed in relief as they emerged from the shadows. "Why are you guys still here?" I asked them. They looked at me. "We got a 2 hour detention from Señor Uhl." Toby replied rolling his eyes. "For what?" I asked. "We were late cuz Badgwella had a gnome problem again." Jim said with irritation in his voice.

"How bout you?" Jim asked. "I dont have an umbrella..." Jim opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by a phone ringing.

Toby picked it up and started whisper yelling something. "Sorry guys, gotta go, nana wants me to decorate the house for her chess buddies. He chuckled before running off opening his umbrella in the process.

"Here take it." Jim said handing me his umbrella. "But you'll get wet!" I stated. "It's fine Claire." "Im the trollhunter remember?" "Ive handled worse." He told me. He started walking out in the rain. I ran after him opening his umbrella.

Once I caught up to him I covered us both with the umbrella. "Claire its fine, I dont want to trouble you." "You're not!" He sighed. He took the umbrella from my hand and closed it.  "How bout we both get wet?" He suggested. "Fine." I grumbled.

We were walking on the sidewalk sopping wet. It was pretty cold and as the wind blew, we both shivered.

He then grabbed my hand and started to run dragging me with him. He took a turn away from our house. "Jim, where are we going?" I asked him. He didnt answer and continued to run.

He finally stopped running when we reached a cliff. He let go of my hand and I walked around. I realized that this was the place we had our first dance. I gasped and smiled.

He went beside me and held my hand. I blushed. We looked in each others eyes getting lost in it. We leaned in and our lips met. We broke apart after a few seconds.

The rain had stopped. We took of our jackets and layed under a tree. Jim was leaning on the tree while I layed on his lap. We fell asleep.

I opened my eyes slowly and blinked a few times. My eyes widened as I realized it was already dark. I sat up and checked my phone. It was 7pm. My head turned to Jim when he suddenly yawned. "What time is it?" He asked. "7:15.." I replied. His face turned to a look of horror. He suddenly got up and grabbed his jacket before taking mine and ran off with me behind him.

We reached my house. "Sorry for making you late.." He apologized while rubbing the back of his neck. "Its fine!" I replied. I leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek. He smiled. "Ill see you tomorrow." I said before walking away and waving him goodbye.

I opened my door to find my parents standing behind it with their arms crossed. "Why are you late young lady?!" My mom asked. "I forgot my umbrella and when I tried to run here I found a bus stop and decided to stay there." I tried to explain. "That still dosent explain why you are late!" My dad said. "I fell asleep ok!" My mom sighed. "Dry up upstairs." I nodded and went to my room.

I sighed in relief once my door shut.  "So what really happened big eyes?" "Ah!" I jumped and saw NotEnrique standing on the table. "What are you talking about?" "Come on, I know that aint what really happened." He smirked. "Fine, me and Jim fell asleep at the cliff." I said the annoyance obvious in my tone. He smirked again and left.

That night it started to rain again. And I couldnt help but smile at the memory.

•END•

A/N: The story was kinda rushed but I didnt have any ideas. Hope you like it!