"Kyu nahi karegi bhai? Jaha tak mujhe pata hai inke shohar ko toh koi problem nahi hain." Washma replies in a sickly sweet tone, and gives him a forced honey dripping smile.

(Why not bhai? As far as I know her husband doesnt have any issue with her working.)

"Mai sirf pooch raha tha." Fasi rolls his eyes, taking his phone out of his pocket.

(I was just asking.)

"Ek din iss insaan ka mu todh dungi mai! Jab dekho tab aapi ke job ke peeche padha rehta hain." Zoya makes a punching motion.

(One day I will break apart his face! Always interested in Kainaat's life.)

"Calm down my chotu!" Farzaan puts his arm around her neck and holds her tightly against his chest.

"Ammi! Iss khabees ki aulad ko dekhein." Zoya shrieks, struggling to get out of his grip.

(Mom! Look at this spawn of the devil!)

"Khabees kise kaha nikami aulad!" Rida growls, and throws a slipper towards them which instead lands on the lap of Fawad who was busy munching chips, stops eating and looks down.

(Whom you calling the devil, you brat!)

"Kya yaar ammi! Insaan sukoon se kha bhi nahi sakta." Fawad whines.

(What is this mom? Can't a person eat in peace?)

"Chod mujhe kamine! Abbu!" And the last word instantly made Farzaan lose his grip, no one wanted to face Kamran's wrath when it came to his girls.

(Leave me you scoundrel! Dad!.)

"Jahil kahi ka!" Zoya growls, fixing her hair.

(Rowdy idiot!)

"Chodo Fasi bhai ko! Unko Ibrahim bhai ya Kiran aapi hi theek karenge." Arsalan was also irked at Fasi's behaviour.

(Leave Fasi, Ibrahim or Kiran will handle him.)

~~

The clatter of cutlery and light bickering was present at the dinner, along with a peaceful atmosphere.

Aghajaan smiles looking at his grandchildren who were busy discussing Kainaat's rukhsati.

"Tumlog plans bana rahe ho aur yaha date bhi nahi decide hui, Kya pata agle paanch saal baad hamari ruqsati ho." As soon as these words left her mouth, it was pin drop silence at the table.

(You all are going ahead with plans and we didn't even finalise the date. What if the reception takes place after 5 years or so?)

Aaban who was seated beside her, throws her a funny look and Arsalan who was about to take a bite leaves his spoon mid air, just to be more dramatic he drops the spoon. The crashing of cutlery break the silence and everyone glares at him.

"Kya?" Arsalan shrugs.

(What?)

"Agar wo plate toot jaati toh mai tumhare sar pe usey spoon se baja bajadeti." Washma who was very much possessive about her cutlery growls at him.

(If that plate breaks, I will bang your head with that spoon.)

"Beta aap zyada bakwas karengi toh laafe padh jayenge mujhse." Desi moms and their sarcasm.

(Child, if you speak nonsense then you will get it good from me.)

Kainaat rolls her eyes and leans back on her chair.

"Waise toh aise hi bina decide kiya tayari shuru ho hi gayi hai toh hum date bhi final kar lete hain." Aghajaan clears his throat.

(We have started the preps without any discussion so why not fix the date?)