Chapter 27: Paradoxical Promise

Start from the beginning

Her appearance changed drastically, her cloak taking on a more ragged look with white frost dusting the ends, forming snowflake-like patters along the edges. Black bandages blanketing every piece of exposed skin as to hide whatever is inside her body, leaving enough space for a pair of soulless black holes for vision.

The cloaked figures moved back, partially out of fear, the other was to make way for the new Reaper to walk out. Thin, sharp, icicles gathered around her arms, as something much bigger was being made in her hands.

Seraphiel: Hm... I'll be going now. I've seen enough.

He'd seen it, and now he had no reason to be there. Watching a Reaper's birth wasn't on his agenda anyway, it was more along the lines of meeting Pride.

A chill blew on his neck, Seraphiel's eyes darted to his back as his body also reacted quickly, his arm spreading out like a balloon filling with air and covering his body like a shield. Icicles hit his shield in quick succession, the ice beginning to be absorbed into his arm as the yellow glow of his Originium arm turned to a blue shade for a moment and travelled up to his shoulder, returning to yellow shortly after.

Seraphiel withdrew the shield and looked at his arm, humming as snow was created from the surface of his palm.

Seraphiel: Much appreciated.

His arm touched the ground, ice started to freeze the ground and reached FrostNova, pillars of ice growing from the floor and trapping her in an even bigger prison.

Seraphiel: A token of my thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reached a certain point, Kal'tsit separated from the group, leaving Amiya and Rosmontis squad to get to the tower, while she would attempt to disrupt the power running through Chernobog, at the possibility of stopping the mobile city or to stop the tower from blasting city codes.

Kal'tsit was familiar with Chernobog, she had worked for them before, the heart that pumps power into the city was the very subject of her and her team's research. She was most likely the remaining researcher on that team left, as she had encountered none in her time searching.

Kal'tsit: Doctor. Wear your coat, the temperature has gone down a few degrees.

Wendy: A few!?! We might as well be in Kjerag with this temperature!

Kal'tsit: Then wear your coat. It's made with the purpose to keep you warm, not as a fashion accessory.

Wendy: It's still cold! How are you not showing any signs of being cold in that outift!?

Kal'tsit: I have simply gotten accustomed to it, a visit to Sami can do wonders.

Wendy: Oh?

Kal'tsit: Enough. We have an important matter to attend to.

Wendy grumbled, annoyed at how difficult it was to make Kal'tsit share anything about her. Maybe she felt a sense of appreciation and wanted to give her something in return, but soon realizing that she knew nothing about the cold Feline aside from how much coffee she would drink in a day.

This was why she was trying to learn more about Kal'tsit, she wanted to know more about the mysterious woman, and maybe a little more about her incomplete past.

The monster she saw in her, she still remembers its disgusting stench, gagging whenever a thought of it crossed her mind. Wendy had no idea what happened after it showed her a a part of her memories, only the moment she woke up on the hospital bed.

Wendy: Uhm...

Kal'tsit: What.

Wendy: I saw something... while I was unconscious.