Chapter 9: Purple Ring

Y/n:...Report.

"Sir, the... people you asked us to search. We found something."

Y/n: Go on.

"Even without an autopsy, both showed advanced stages of Oripathy. It was highly unlikely that they were refugees from Chernobog. They shouldn't even be alive."

Y/n: So what?

Y/n exited the building, walking across the street and turning to into an alley.

"I might be stretching it, sir. But I think they were ordered to come here, as a suicide attack."

Y/n: How sure are you about this? You know the media and the general public will give us shit if we fail to prove stuff like this.

"I'm sure about it sir, from the stage of Oripathy they were in they should've burst a few minutes later if you hadn't... dispatched them both.

Y/n: Even the kid had it?

"Yes, he had it worse compared to his mother, Oripathy affected his legs and travelled up to his thigh, it's a miracle he was still able to move, albeit really painful."

Y/n breathed a sigh of relief, his eyes weren't tricking him at all. He was glad the boy at least had a quick and painful death, even with the cost of going down in the afterlife.

But he had no motivation to think about that now, there was other important things to deal with.

Y/n: Where would a couple of Siracusans be at this jolly hour of the night? Ah, yes of course, a bar.

The bar wasn't those inconspicuous ones you would find in some random dirty alleyway. It the actually the opposite, a giant, yellowishg-white neon sign that hummed indefinitely hung above the glass door, it was just by a sidewalk, and everyone could see what was happening inside because of the amount of glass walls.

Y/n pushed the door entered the bar, the opening of the door triggering a bell that announced his arrival.

The bar was empty, save for a few patrons sitting down just to chat, the night was still young after all. Relaxing lounge music played as Y/n made his way to the counter end of the bar, the counter being run by a short, bipedal pengui-, I-I mean a Liberi who wore sunglasses, even at night.

He sat down on a stool, and calmly waved the Liberi over.

Y/n: Evening, Emperor.

Emperor was more of an acquaintance or a co-worker than a friend. With how many times he needed to transport "packages" around the city, and Penguin Logistics was the only one willing enough to take the job. They were bound to meet one day, discussing about a partnership, where both Penguin Logistics and him could greatly benefit from each other.

The Liberi huffed, waddling his way to Y/n while taking another swig from his glass.

Emperor: So have you come here to finally be a man and have that drink with me?

Y/n: Heavens, no! My face would be on the ground before I could even indulge myself to a whole glass. I'll take the usual orange juice.

Emperor brought out a carton of juice and poured it in a glass, place a bendy straw and an umbrella over the glass as a way to mock Y/n. But he didn't react, smiling like he was already used to it, and thanking the Liberi for the drink before sipping on it.

Emperor: Hmph. So what brings you here then of all places?

Y/n: Oh, just searching for someone, preferably a pair of runaway brothers from Siracusa.

Emperor: No way I would know, but if you look behind you, their men are here.

Y/n:...Put this up my tab. I need to do something.