Chapter 8: Mother and Son

???

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip*

How long... How long has she been here, looking at the darkness? Was her eyes even open at the moment?

She couldn't remember, now that she thought about it, what was her name?

"Remember..."

Who's voice was that? She could hear his muffled voice, but not his face.

"...You are my greatest #9_'÷\|."

Greatest what?

She wanted him to speak louder, but she couldn't, her lips was sealed, or more like non-existent.

The girl reached out a hand to whatever he was, the only moment where she was desperate for attention. She could barely even move, her hands not even fully stretched when she felt it pull back.

"One day, your true |¶÷° will show itself."

Come back...

The voice was starting to fade, and so was her vision, she struggled against it, against a futile battle that resulted in her loss.

"Please... stop them from succeeding, Wendy Guo."

I don't want to be alone again... Come... back...

"Doctor..."

Please, don't leave me...

"Doctor!"

Don't leave me again...

"Doctor, grab my hand!"

...Theresa.

For the first time in so, so long, that first breath of air felt nothing more than great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you... repeat what you just said?"

Y/n quietly sat in an office chair, confused on where he currently was. Was he still in Lungmen? It didn't look or feel like he was. And speaking of feeling, where is Azeth? Ever since he woke up he couldn't feel his aura, honestly he felt great, like imagine having a whole row of seats to yourself, that unrestrained freedom was what he was feeling at the moment.

In front of him was a girl in what looks like her late teens, typing away at a calculator while staring at a sheet of paper with words in an unknown language.

"What? Good day sir, welcome to the afterlife?"

Y/n: Wait. You're being serious?

"*sigh* Yes, I've had this exact same conversation two times already..."

Y/n: Two doesn't sound like a lot though.

"Oh right, I forgot."

She raised dropped the paper and faced him, a bored look in her eyes like she had done these kinds of things before his arrival.

"Since the afterlife has been operating since... ever. All of us working made a shortcut for number values, when I meant "two", I meant two million googolplexes."

Y/n: Uh... So am I really dead?

"Well, yeah. You are in the afterlife, a whole new plane of reality that is impossible to access except for the souls of the dead. This is where every soul of every lifeform in the clusterfuck of a universe God has made come to rest.

Y/n: Uhh...

"Okay, first imagine one of those cube things with colors of each side, Rubik's Cube I think you call them. Each side is a universe, an alternate reality, now imagine if you took them all apart, all that's left is us, a hidden part of the cube that can only be seen when you die or in this analogy, "remove" yourself."