Chapter 25: First Ascension

Rhodes Island

Rhodes Island, a Pharmaceutical company located in massive landship with the firepower of a small army. It was led by a Cautus named Amiya, with a cold and calculating Feline, Dr. Kal'tsit as the Head of the Medical Department and the mysterious Doctor, Wendy Guo, as its consultant and tactician.

In their so-called army, were Elite Operators, the best of the best among other Operators in the field. Elite Operators could range from those with stupidly high strength and defense to those from posseses Arts that could level cities in a single night.

So far, Y/n had seen two. The first was Blaze, a blue haired Feline he caught a glimpse of back in Lungmen, all he knew about her it that she carries a chainsaw. The second was Rosmontis, another Feline but with lighter shade of blue for her hair. He didn't know much about her, only tjah she was younger than Amiya and posseses very dangerous Arts.

The same Feline was in front of him right now.

Rosmontis:...

Y/n:...

Rosmontis:...

Y/n: You need something?

Rosmontis: Are you... Sankta?

She pointed at his halo and wings. Confused, Y/n tapped it in front of her, watching her stoic expression barely change.

Y/n: Yeah, can't you tell?

Rosmontis: They look fake. Like they're being held up by... something.

The first time he used the halo and wings, he had Azeth prop them up with Phantasms as if he were a real Sankta. But ever since his "death", the halo and wings would frequently stay on his head, but on occasion would fall off like something tethering them to him had disappeared.

This was one of those days where Sathariel's halo was tethered to him.

Y/n: That's kind of rude, kid.

Rosmontis: I was speaking my mind. Is having our own subjective views on a topic not part of who we are?

Y/n: Wha- It's just-

Rosmontis: Furthermore, your halo seems to be a bit tilted back, while your wings are a bit off-center. Is one of the effects of your current physical state?

The kid had a soft voice, a voice you would typically hear from the quiet girl in your cliché highschool classroom setting. But for one who possessed such a soft and quiet voice, she sure spoke a lot.

Y/n: Hey! If you don't mind, I need to go prepare.

Rosmontis: Oh. Are you part of the upcoming operation too? Which squad have you been assigned to?

Y/n: None, I'll be supporting you guys.

Rosmontis: Huh?

Y/n: Just don't worry kid! I won't be hurt as long as you guys do your job. Codename is Sathariel by the way, nice to officially meet you Rosmontis.

Rosmontis: You know me?

Y/n: You're the best of the best, of course I've heard of you! Now would you mind? We only have a few minutes left to prepare.

Rosmontis: Oh. It was nice meeting you, Mister Sathariel.

Y/n: You too, kid!

He happily waved when he passed the Feline, before his expression turned serious as he strode through the halls of the landship.

"She was nice."

Y/n: Too curious for her own good.

Kids were naturally curious, yet easily swayed by white lies and a little trickery. Rosmontis though, continued to questions things despite being given an "answer", she could become problematic soon, but that didn't matter much anymore at this stage of his plans.