Chapter 26: Delusional

Chernobog, Underground

Wendy: Where is Y/n?

Right when they were exiting the underground, she noticed his absence. The others shrugged, Amiya included, some were muttering that he must've been confident enough to go on his own, while some held suspicions about him.

Amiya: Is there a reason for you to seek him, Doctor?

Wendy: Yes, I do actually. I needed to ask him some questions.

Kal'tsit: Sathariel has decided to go on his own with two others. I allowed it considering their past experience of working in the same squad.

Wendy: I see... I need to ask him about these memories I'm seeing.

She needed to know, these memories of hers that resurfaced when she became one with that monster greatly confused her, not because of the validity of it, but the sheer lack of memories she obtained.

Of all her memories, Y/n and Amiya appeared in most of them, though the latter wouldn't share anything when asked about it. There was also a pink-haired Sarkaz that she couldn't recall the name of, but she felt a certain fondness whenever she pictured her face.

And finally, another odd occurrence was that the monster was gone, or as gone as it could be. She couldn't see it anymore in her mind, but she could still feel itself presence everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Amiya: Doctor, are you really okay?

Amiya... There were multiple glimpses of a much younger version of her if she recalled correctly. One of them was the Cautus stabbing a sword into the unknown pink-haired Sarkaz.

Was the Sarkaz an ally? Or an enemy? Whatever it was, Wendy had a headache trying to discern these any further.

Wendy: I'm fine, really.

Amiya: Doctor, your safety and well-being is also a top priority. Without your tactics, we wouldn't be able to get pass through the mobile city's underground. So please, tell me, tell us if there's anything wrong.

Wendy: Amiya... Thanks. I guess it's because of how important and the level of impact this operation would have on the future of Terra, it's... it's a lot to process considering I've only been awake for over a week.

Amiya: I understand. You're overwhelmed, still processing the kind of position you are in. If you would like to, I can help you calm down a bit.

Wendy: With your Arts?

Amiya: Something similar. Come closer.

Wendy felt Amiya's small but strong fingers poke her temple, a tingly feeling sprouting from her like she was being tickled from the inside of her head. Instantly, she felt a relief that could only come from a hot bath or a full night of sleep, her expression looked refreshed.

Amiya: Is that better?

Wendy: Mm, much better. Thank you, Amiya.

Amiya: If you ever feel stressed over the course of this operation, come find me, okay?

Wendy: Yeah. Thanks again.

Amiya: No worries, Doctor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quickly! Get in!"

The cellar door creaked shut as they rushed down the stairs into what looked like a recreation room turned into a storage area. A pile of boxes in various shapes were stacked and placed in random places, making it difficult to walk around.