Chapter 39

3 Months later

Emily POV:
"Hey, Emily." Dr. Shepard says with a smile on his face.

"Hi, doctor Shepard." I say.

"We need to run a few tests today. See how everything's going." He says nicely.

"Okay." I say quietly.

I lost all of my hair. It sucks.

Alison visitors whenever she can. But the kids have school, and she has work. But it's not very often.

I'm just hoping for some kind of miracle to happen.

Dr. Shepard takes some blood, writes down my stats, checks the monitors, fixes the IV, and smiles before leaving.

I sigh, and lay back in the bed.

Alison POV:
"Alright, kiddos! Let's go!" I shout.

Shay is fixing her make up in the mirror, Asher is sitting on the stairs putting on his socks and shoes, Whitney is eating breakfast still, Emerson is playing on the iPad, Michael is upstairs getting a different shirt on (thanks to Phoenix for spilling her juice on him), and Phoenix is changing he pants. (Again, thanks, Phoenix for spilling our juice).

"Mom, are we going to see mama today?" Asher asks.

The look on his face when he asks that, and the fact that he's calling her mama breaks my heart.

I smile small at him, and close for eyes for a few seconds.

"Maybe." I say, and open the door to go to the car.

"Get the triplets. We're going to be late." I say to the three older kids.

I sit in the car for a few minutes before all of the kids come out.

Shay gets in the passenger seat, Michael sits in the very back with Asher and Phoenix, and Whitney sits in the middle row with Emerson.

I drop the triplets off at pre school, then drop the twins off at middle school, and then drop Shay off at high school.

(A/N 1, 2, 3. Also, Alison held three, and Emily held three.XD)

I drive to work, and sit down at my desk once I get in.

Emily POV:
"So...Any good news?" I ask Dr. Grey as I sit in the hospital bed.

She tells me everything, and I sit there in shock.

[...]

I take a cab to the house, and take in a few deep breaths as I stead at the door.

I haven't been here in months.

I grab the door handle, and to my luck it's unlocked.

(A/N You'll get it in a minute).

I open the door, and smell roast cooking.

"Kids! Dinners ready!" I hear Alison shout.

"But we never went to visit my madre!" Whitney says.

I smile at the work madre.

It's something the kids and me made up while we were at the hospital one day.

Alison had gone to get coffee for herself, and the older kids kept mentioning mom.

I always thought they were taking to me, but they were telling me something about Alison.

So we looked up synonyms of mom, and Whitney liked madre, Shay liked matron, Phoenix liked ma, Michael liked mumsy, Emerson liked mommy, and Asher like mama.

So the names stuck.

I walk into the house, and notice it actually has a smell.

You don't realize it, but your own home has a smell.

It smells like Alison's perfume, Shay's girly products, Asher's cologne, baby products, cinnamon, and peppermint.

I walk over to the kitchen, and peek in.

I see everyone seated around the table, not really talking.

"Oh, I must have to wrong house. My family is very loud and outgoing." I say, making them aware of my presence.

Asher chokes in his soda, and jumps out of his seat.

"MAMA!" He screams, making me giggle.

I feel a few tears fall down my cheeks, and wrap him in my arms.

"Emily!" Alison exclaims, and runs over to me.

"Matron, what are you going here?" Shay asks with a wide smile on his face.

"I though I'd eat diner with you." I tell them.

"But-" Whitney begins, and I cut her off.

"I BEAT FUCKING CANCER!" I yell excitedly as tears stream down my cheeks, onto my shirt and the floor.

"OH, MY GOD!" Alison cries, and hugs me super tight.

"You're cutting off my circulation and breathing." I gasp jokingly.

"I'm sorry. I-I just-" Alison stutters and I cut her off with a kiss.

"I wasn't going to go anywhere. This is my forever." I whisper, and the whole family joins in on a group hug.

We spend the rest of the night laughing, partying ;) , watching movies, cuddling, eating junk, drinking sugary and caffeine killed drinks, and enjoying our time together.

This is my forever.

THE END

<><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><>

Thats the end.

I didn't know what to do with this story anymore.

But I gave you a happy ending!

Fragile Like Glass may be coming to and end soon, too.

I'm working on two other stories, though. Both Emison.