Chapter 27: Diagnosis

Emily POV:
After I woke upset night, I took some medicine and fell back asleep.

-
Morning

Alison POV:
I go into Shay's room to get her up, but she is already awake and dressed.

"Hi, mama." She says and looks up from her toys for a split second.

"Hi, baby. Who got you dressed?" I ask. Because Emily is still asleep. Although, she should've woken up like 1-2 hours ago. It's 9 AM.

"Aunt Hanna." She tells me.

"Where is she now?"

"Uh...Somewhere." She replies.

I laugh and walk downstairs.

I'm greeted by Asher and Whitney fighting over some stupid toy.

"Stop!" I exclaim.

"Shh..Mommy sweeping." Whitney whispers.

"Sweeping?" Asher exclaims, and giggles a high pitched giggle that fill the room, and melts my heart.

"Sleeping." Shay says, bounding down the stairs.

"Why mommy sleeping?" She asks me.

"I'm not sure." I tell her, and she looks at me with an 'are you serious?' look.

"Hey, Bitch!" Hanna exclaims when she sees me.

"Hey, Bitch!" Shay yells, mocking Hanna and giggling.

I roll my eyes, and look at Hanna with an unamused expression.

"Where's Em Em?" She asks me with a smirk.

I look at her confused, telling her to explain what she means.

"I left my jacket here, so I came late last night. And holy fuck. You are so loud." She laughs, and looks at me.

"And your cheeks are so red." She adds, and burst into laughter.

"Shut up." I mumble.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry A-Alison! Ohh!" She moans, and starts laughing again.

Just then Emily walks downstairs.

"What's so funny?" She questions as she rubs her eyes.

"Nothing. Hanna was just leaving." I tell her, and drag Hanna to the door.

"In so telling Aria and Spencer about this!" She says with another laugh.

Once hanna has left, I turn around to Emily and see her clutching her stomach.

"Emily? Are you okay?" I ask concerned. She doesn't answer, she just stands on the stairs staring into space.

"Emily? ...Emily!" I yell, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What?" She asks confused.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. Come on." I say, and grab her hand.

"No! Alison! I don't like doctors!" She whines.

I get the kids, and we all get into the car and leave.

"I love you so much. You know that?" Emily asks me with the most adorable sleepy smile.

She looks at me, and her pupils fully dilate.

"You're beautiful." She whispers.

I read somewhere that a persons pupils may dilate when they're excited, it when they see someone that excites them.

But I don't think Emily would do that when she's staring at nothing.

"I'm tired." She mumbles, looking out the window.

We get to the hospital, and they do an x-Ray on Emily.

She lies there on the bed, looking at me sleepily, with her hands on her thighs.

She sneezes, and winces, grabbing her stomach.
I frown looking at my hurting wife.

"Okay. It looks like there is some blood in your belly." The doctor says, and I freeze.

"W-What?" I stutter.

"Have you had any recent falls?" He asks Emily.

"Oh, yeah. The other day when Alison went out with the kids, I was going upstairs and tripped." She says.
"It hurt at first, but stopped after a while." She adds.

"Okay. Well since it has been so long, we have to take you into surgery to fix it." The doctors tells us.

"Any questions?" He asks.

"I have a couple." I say.

"Uh, the first one is her pupils were fully dilated. I'm just curious as to why." I say.

"The pupils dilating is a cause of the blood in her stomach."

"And also, the other day while we were...uh, having sex, she completely zoned out. Why is that?" I ask.

"The zoning out may have been a help to the pupils dilating." He answers.

"Okay. Thank you." I say and they begin getting her ready for surgery.