Chapter 30

Alison POV;
"Why were you staring at her?!" I yell at Emily.

The babies are asleep, and the older kids are with friends.

"I wasn't." Emily tells me, trying to stay calm.

"Oh, really? Is that why your eyes were wondering for just a little too long?!" I ask her sarcastically.

"I'm sorry!" She yells, obviously getting frustrated.

"Sorry? Do you not love me anymore? Am I no...Attractive to you anymore?!" I yell at her.

"No! That's not what I said! Of course I find you attractive!" She yells back.

"Are you cheating on me?!" I ask her with anger running through my veins.

"What?! No!" She shouts with tears brimming in her eyes, and few slowly running down her cheeks.

She lets out a light sob, before exiting the bedroom, and closing the door behind her.

I hear the kids bathroom door slam shut a few seconds later. I can hear Emily crying even with the vent on.

"Ahhh!" I hear someone scream, and there's a loud bang on the door, like someone threw something.

I open the door and see a furious Asher standing there.

He throws the ball again without realizing I'm standing here, and it barely misses me face.

"Asher!" I shout, and he looks at me with red, glossy eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask him soothingly.

"What's wrong with me, or what's wrong with you?" He asks and his voice falters.

"What are-"

"Every time you and mom fight, mom always ends up crying. And it's your fault!" He yells at me.

His voice keeps cutting off and cracking, and it's breaking my heart.

"Asher-"

"You get jealous, and you blame her for...Anything! It's always moms fault, right? You can't stand to be wrong." He says, and storms off towards the bathroom.

"Asher that's not-"

"You're a bitch!" He yells at me, and looks at me with anger.

His face is bright red, and his fist are clenched so hard, his knuckles are a star white. His words are full of venom, an ships blood could be acid. He's furious. I've never seen him like this...

"Asher!" I yell at him.

"You know it's true. You know I'm right."

I let it slide. He's angry. He'll get over it...Eventually...

[...]
Emily POV:
"Dinners ready!" Alison shouts.

I sigh, and go into the triplets room and get them, and I hear the familiar pitter-patter of the other kids running downstairs.

We all sit at the table, and I see Asher glaring at Alison.

"Could you pass the mashed potatoes please, Alison?" He asks in a sarcastic voice.

"Ash, you don't call your mom by her first name." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes, and sighs before correcting himself.

"Right. Of course. I'm sorry." He says politely with a smirk on his face.

"Ash-"

"Could you please pass the mashed potatoes, Child Bearer?" He asks with a fake smile.