Unwanted Attention

Start from the beginning

"Nonsense, you kids will just have to agree on something you want, that's all! I'll take care of the details, so don't worry, Rimuru!"

"I would like to offer that we go to the beach together!" Camui immediately and enthusiastically proposes.

I instantly know his intentions are less than innocent.

"No." I sternly disagree without hesitation.

"But Rimuru, it'd be a lot of fun!" Iruma says, seemingly oblivious to Camui's reasons behind the idea.

And looking around the table, I seem to be the only reluctant party here. Well, I guess Ameri might be, but not exactly. She's blushing and looking down, probably freaking out over the idea of Iruma seeing her in a swimsuit, if I were to take a guess.

"Don't tell me you don't like the sand, Rimuru! I know it's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere, but that shouldn't be a problem for a big girl like you!" Jazz teases, jabbing me with his elbow.

"That's not my reason, Jazz," I say with a scowl, annoyed that he's calling me a 'big girl' in a condescending way. "And the sand is not a problem for me, okay?"

After an awkward pause caused by my anger, Elizabetta cheerfully chimes in.

"Really, a beach trip would be a wonderful thing! We could all shop for swimsuits together too, so we're all prepared for it!"

"I...know a nice place for that..." Keroli shyly mutters.

"Hey, I thought we all had to agree on this!" I protest.

Camui chirps out to the horror and amusement of the boys "Fear not, a gentleman like myself would never judge you for your chest size Rimuru!"

The room falls silent as everyone turns and looks at Camui like he's insane for saying something like that to me. He seems to be under the impression I'm against it since I'm body-conscious and don't wanna be seen in a swimsuit.

"That's not my reason either!" I shoot back at him angrily.

Why am I so against this idea, you ask? Well, it's not something I like to talk about.

It's embarrassing, for someone at my level to still feel like this, knowing full well it's completely irrational, but...

It's the salt water. Yeah, I know. Stupid, right?

But...I just don't like to touch it. I wouldn't exactly call it fear of the stuff, but it's something close to that. I think it's some sort of instinctual thing left over from my days spent as a normal slime, because to a normal slime, yes, salt water would be a real threat. It'd dry one out in short order because of basic osmosis, meaning submerging a slime in a pool of salt water would be a death sentence for it within minutes, if not seconds.

I've actually swam in the ocean a few times, but to keep myself 'safe', I've used various methods to stop the water from actually coming in direct contact with my body. Barriers, water manipulation; that kind of thing. I prefer barriers, but if I need speed I'll go with water manipulation and gravity control.

I know I'm being kinda dramatic since there's no way something as benign as the saltwater could hurt a True Dragon/Ultimate Slime like myself, but that doesn't stop me from having this nonsensical fear-like feeling about it.

Now everyone is staring at me expectantly, waiting for my reason.

Honestly, I can put up with it. Hell, I can even just avoid the swimming part if I want to. Since everyone else seems to want it as their prize, I suppose I can go along with it for their sake.

"Fine, I'll agree to a beach trip." I reluctantly agree.

"What, so you're just not gonna tell us why you didn't wanna go to the beach?" Jazz asks, probing further.