Chapter 33

Chapter 33 — I Love You

"Hi," Liam approaches Jason by himself, visibly surprising the latter; he has been ignoring him for the past few days after all.

"Hi. Hey," Jason clears his throat, "How are you?"

Liam simply gives him a small nod, hands in his pocket, rocking back and forth on his feet, "There's, uh, something I need to tell you,"

"Ok, what is it?"

He has Jason's full attention now which is what he needs but that doesn't mean he's entirely at ease about it. Liam's a bundle of nerves, and just a little tug, he is more than sure that he would certainly unravel right there and then.

"Liam?" he prompts when he's been silent for too long.

"Um, yeah. It's about–,"

But it's as if he has a psychic mind; the moment Liam is about to utter his name, he appears. There's a file in his hand and he hands it to one of their other colleagues, instructing something. Okay, it is work related and it is his office and he is going to be here and there, but still how can he appear right when Liam is going to talk about him.

Jason follows his line of sight and spots their boss as well and raises his eyebrows in a way that Liam can't quite comprehend their meaning. Aaron turns and sees them as well. He gives them a small wave before returning to his work, but Liam cannot look away from him just yet.

"Do you want me to take a guess regarding what it is that you want to say?" Jason suggests.

"No, no, no," Liam immediately finds this idea appalling — after all it is Jason's 'idea' that even pushed him into investigating all these weird feelings inside him. He was happily oblivious before, "I will tell you. Just..." his eyes stray towards their boss again before looking back at the man before him, "... later? During lunch?"

Jason visibly deflates, "And I'm supposed to wait in anticipation until then?"

Liam grimaces, shrugging, "You know what they say — anticipation provides the greatest joy in life,"

"You're just making that up,"

Another shrug. He leans forward and places a quick kiss on his lips, patting on his cheek once, "I'll tell you later, okay. Bye. I love you,"

Liam freezes as soon as the words are out of his mouth. That did not just happen. He did not just say that.

But only one look at the man before him, and he knows he had said it.

Shit.

This was not at all how he was planning to confess his feelings. He wasn't even sure if he was planning to confess his love at all really. He still hasn't had the time to think about it.

But...

Fuck, he loves Jason. He does.

He was scared shitless when he first realised his feelings for him but now that he's said out loud — albeit accidentally, his heart feels light and as if it's floating high above the sky.

And Jason... Jason is beaming like an absolute idiot in front of him and Liam does not know what he was scared of in the first place. He cannot help but mirror his grin.

"I'm sorry," Jason says, still smiling so wide his face might just split into two, "I didn't quite get the last part — would you mind repeating it for me?"

Liam rolls his eyes, shaking his head lightly, but he says it again anyway. Not because of Jason's request but because he wants to. He loves him and he realises he doesn't mind saying it.