Chapter 26

Chapter 26 — Not His Nanny

"Oh, Liam. You're already here," Chloe says once she sees him maybe with a tinge of surprise.

"Yes. Good morning," he smiles at her, and nods at the boss' office, "I don't think Aaron's in yet though," which is weird — the man is never late, except of course, during his first day of work. Oh, maybe he managed to hit another poor unassuming today and is proving his asshole-ness.

"Ah, yes," she grimaces, "I was about to call you regarding that, but you're here already,"

Liam is early today. Not that he intended to be. He stayed over at Jason's and he was too lazy to go back to his sister's to freshen up and so he borrowed one of his boyfriend's smaller shirt and left for work with him. Jason said that he had to be in early today to finish some of his leftover work and Liam tagged along with him.

He's not that early either, just maybe about half an hour early. He was half-expecting to see Aaron already in, but was secretly pleased to see his office empty. Now, he's just waiting for him to come in just so he can smile at him smugly.

But it's getting late and he's still not in yet. Better too, he can rub it in his face since he's always on about tardiness and whatnot.

"Actually, Aaron won't be in today," Chloe informs him, "He just called,"

"What? Why?"

Chloe shrugs, "Didn't say. But he sounded all snotty — he's probably down with flu or something,"

"Oh," it looks like Liam won't be able to annoy him after all.

"So, you can have an off day today,"

He clicks his tongue, "If only I knew about this a little bit earlier,"

"I know," she grimaces, "But Aaron's like that; he won't admit he's sick no matter what, and it's a miracle at all that he's even staying in today,"

"Is he really not feeling that well?"

"I don't know. I should probably go check up on him later on,"

Liam doesn't know what got into him but before he's even aware of it the words are already out of his mouth, "Or I can go,"

He doesn't know who's more surprised by his offer, him or Chloe.

"Are you sure?" and there's a chance for him to back off, but his ego won't allow him to do that.

"Yes, I'm sure. Can you just text me his address?"

֍֍֍

"Did I hit my head somewhere last night?"

Liam heads straight towards Jason after that interaction with Chloe. He needs to keep his head in the best possible state before literally walking into the devil's lair. He doesn't even why he would voluntarily sign up for it.

"No?" Jason chuckles, abandoning his work momentarily and turning his attention towards his boyfriend, "Why would you ask that?"

"Because I just offered to go check up none other than dickface," he has to whisper the last bit so that none of their other co-workers overhear their conversation.

Jason's eyebrows rise an inch, obviously interested and he pulls a chair and gesturing at Liam to sit down and recount what has happened so far. Liam rolls his eyes but does so anyway.

"Aww, how sweet of you," Jason practically coos after hearing Liam's story.

"No! I don't even know why I said that. There's something wrong with my head... and my mouth,"